Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

Default Re: Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    maybe, just what I was told from a very reliable source is July 31st is the end all
    Not saying that they won't make the decision, just that it'd be better for the chances of an FCS playoff it they waited.

They don't meet on July 31st so the NCAA Board of Governors would have to make that call during their meeting tomorrow.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate...-championships
    Last edited by tony; 07-23-2020 at 06:21 PM. Reason: cha-cha-cha-changes to chances

Spring football is a bad idea. All the players would be beat up and then they have to play again in September. Having a non conference in 2021 would be physically taxing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I just dont believe this. How can this be when we just had a member post that Larsen was sitting on his hand doing nothing?????
    He is still doing nothing. Obviously you suck up to anything or nothing they are doing. Spring football would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    He is still doing nothing. Obviously you suck up to anything or nothing they are doing. Spring football would be a disaster.
    a espnu poducer guy reaches out to NDSU and Matt jumps in and says i'll go on the radio!

he should be calling FBS teams to play in September, lets be the leader for once.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Can we just stop this spring football bullshit? Now?

You play or you don't; f^%$ spring football. I don't care if there is only 8 teams, play this fall. This is not complicated.

Tony, do you remember which show/host he was on with?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Can we just stop this spring football bullshit? Now?

You play or you don't; f^%$ spring football. I don't care if there is only 8 teams, play this fall. This is not complicated.
    THANK YOU!

if only 4-5 FCS conferences play conference only football, grab the 8 top teams, have a Playoff. Put an asterisk by it for all I care
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    he should be calling FBS teams to play in September, lets be the leader for once.
    Dude, I really want to know how you know, without a doubt, that he hasn't done that already and isn't continuing to do so. For the 100th fucking time, your lack of knowledge shouldn't help you to come to ANY conclusions, whether it is behind the scenes football scheduling, facemasks, or that haircut...
    Insert something clever here...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Did Pat hurt your feelings? I'll ask him to be more nice from now on.
    Insert something clever here...

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every college will be impacted equally if their cash cow sport is cancelled. NDSUs just happens to be football, that is where they are different than the rest of FCS. We are in a hurtbag with anything less than full attendance allowed. The athletic dept can’t make anymore cuts to women’s sports or scholarships as they have done in years past. Some men’s sports would see something cut.