Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

Default Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

Had to run an errand and, what do you know, ESPNU radio had Matt Larsen on while I was out and about!

I might get some of this wrong but:

• He's open to spring football because it would be so much better, revenue-wise and safety-wise, to have fans and stuff than to have, say, 20% capacity in the middle of a pandemic
    • He did a good job of describing NDSU's situation
    • NDSU is really different than the rest of the FCS because NDSU depends on football ticket/donation revenue but other programs are almost entirely dependent on institutional support... so NDSU really stands to get screwed if there is no football
    • The NCAA is going to decide shortly whether to have fall championships at all

I missed quite a bit of the interview but I thought that Matt Larsen really did a good job of representing NDSU.

Default Re: Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

I still think spring football is a pie in the sky idea. Juco might be able to get away with it.

hate spring football.
    Play Now. Play Conference. 8 team FCS playoff field in December.
    Boom Done.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hate spring football.
    Play Now. Play Conference. 8 team FCS playoff field in December.
    Boom Done.
    Not sure how you can have an 8 team field.
    College of Business Alumnus

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Spring FB does zero for Seniors with NFL aspirations FYI, they wont play anyway

NCAA is July 31st deadline for a decision on Fall sports from what im told

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Spring FB does zero for Seniors with NFL aspirations FYI, they wont play anyway

NCAA is July 31st deadline for a decision on Fall sports from what im told
    Larsen and the guys on ESPNU were hoping that they would wait until their August meeting to make a decision on fall sport championships. I'm guessing that's because they hope that things will improve by then. I mean, if the NCAA makes a decision now with the way things are going, they'd almost certainly vote to cancel them ( the fall sport championships, that is.)

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Larsen and the guys on ESPNU were hoping that they would wait until their August meeting to make a decision on fall sport championships. I'm guessing that's because they hope that things will improve by then. I mean, if the NCAA makes a decision now with the way things are going, they'd almost certainly vote to cancel them ( the fall sport championships, that is.)
    maybe, just what I was told from a very reliable source is July 31st is the end all

I just dont believe this. How can this be when we just had a member post that Larsen was sitting on his hand doing nothing?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Not sure how you can have an 8 team field.
    8 best combo of rankings/records? pretty simple for the committee
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

[*]NDSU is really different than the rest of the FCS because NDSU depends on football ticket/donation revenue but other programs are almost entirely dependent on institutional support... so NDSU really stands to get screwed if there is no football.
    Seems bad for us in this case