Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The town is great. But the people around there, particularly the ranchers, were some of the most inhospitable people I've met. Insanely aggressive. They treated us like we were second class citizens.
    I know that some of them have been trespassed on so many times that they do have an attitude when it comes to hunters. But for the most part they're good people.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I know that some of them have been trespassed on so many times that they do have an attitude when it comes to hunters. But for the most part they're good people.
    That may well be true. But I'm a landowner myself, and I've been trespassed upon more than one or two times, and I still manage to treat strangers hospitably.

Way back in the day, and I mean, perhaps before some here were born, my pals and I went out to Beach each year to hunt sharpies. This is like when they were still issuing selective service lottery numbers.

One year we were following a road and hunting along the way. It was about 24 miles from the last asphalt. We crested a hill and down about 500 yards in front was a farmstead/ranch. The “road” ran right into the center of it. We (stupid Fargo kids) kept going thinking it just passed through. As we approached the front of the house the owner came out, 12 gauge in hand, and greeted us uh, coldly. We followed his suggestion and reversed course.

As a silly, stupid and hateful Fargo person who knew that someone’s driveway would be 25 miles long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    That may well be true. But I'm a landowner myself, and I've been trespassed upon more than one or two times, and I still manage to treat strangers hospitably.
    You have a good point. But in their defense, I'm sure you don't have to go thru 12 wks a year of non resident hunters like they do.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

What's wrong with Miles City?
    As a ND resident I can't buy a pistol at Red Rock Sporting Goods. That's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    As a ND resident I can't buy a pistol at Red Rock Sporting Goods. That's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure you can buy one, you just can't take it with you. Same for me in ND...I can buy but can't take it with me, has to be shipped to an FFL. Handguns are a different animal, it's a non resident thing in any state.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

I'm pretty sure you can buy one, you just can't take it with you. Same for me in ND...I can buy but can't take it with me, has to be shipped to an FFL. Handguns are a different animal, it's a non resident thing in any state.
    I don't think you can buy any gun over state lines without going through an FFL.

This is gaining traction....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    This is gaining traction....
    No it's not

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    No it's not
    montana fans mentioning it on social media after seeing this...
    ... we might be down to 0 non conf games soon and so will montana.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?