Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I don't think you can buy any gun over state lines without going through an FFL.
    False, you can buy from an FFL but it depends on the state reciprocity, Scheels has a lower 48 map up in their gun department showing which states residents they can sell longs gun to.

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    montana fans mentioning it on social media after seeing this...
    ... we might be down to 0 non conf games soon and so will montana.
    We should work out a deal with Montana, Montana State, and SDSU. Dakota's travel the first weekend, Montana's come here the second.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    False, you can buy from an FFL but it depends on the state reciprocity, Scheels has a lower 48 map up in their gun department showing which states residents they can sell longs gun to.
    Is that not due to Scheels having an FFL physical location in those states they can ship through?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Correct. Ive bought long guns in some states and carried them out. Others I had to have them shipped to a local FFL.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

isnt there a gun thread?

I seen 2-3 more posts from griz fans wanting NDSU game now that they lost their game too with a pioneer school
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I just don't see a season happening. Too much news coverage acting like covid19 is worse than ebola. Good God they don't even want kids to attend school.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    This is gaining traction....
    So, according to you, X>2f(fans) = t(traction)?? This could be a breakthrough in modern math.

I know it's not quite E = mc2, but then again, El Chapo < Einstein.......
    Damn, I'm Good!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I just don't see a season happening. Too much news coverage acting like covid19 is worse than ebola. Good God they don't even want kids to attend school.

As someone who works in a school, here is my take on that. I am part of the leadership team for the high school in which I work, and we have brainstormed some scenarios for what the start of the year might look like. We are eagerly anticipating the guidance from the Minnesota Dept of Education that will come out on the 30th.

Yes, I am concerned about the proximity that I (at age 58) would have with students who may be asymptomatic. I would be with about 25 students per class period for 7 classes. Very few of those would be in more than one of those classes, so I would in classrooms of 30 ft x 30 ft with about 175 different students per day (with no social distancing). The close proximity and extended time with that many students is a concern.

We will likely see a hybrid start of the year: reduce the number of students to 50% of building capacity and produce virtual lessons for students on the days that are not physically on site.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    As someone who works in a school, here is my take on that. I am part of the leadership team for the high school in which I work, and we have brainstormed some scenarios for what the start of the year might look like. We are eagerly anticipating the guidance from the Minnesota Dept of Education that will come out on the 30th.

Yes, I am concerned about the proximity that I (at age 58) would have with students who may be asymptomatic. I would be with about 25 students per class period for 7 classes. Very few of those would be in more than one of those classes, so I would in classrooms of 30 ft x 30 ft with about 175 different students per day (with no social distancing). The close proximity and extended time with that many students is a concern.

We will likely see a hybrid start of the year: reduce the number of students to 50% of building capacity and produce virtual lessons for students on the days that are not physically on site.
    I feel for you.. my dad and father-in-law are both retired teachers. And my wife is on the school board. How about teachers like you "distant teaching" via video and have a student teacher in the room to keep order?

The covid stats for the young show little risk.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I feel for you.. my dad and father-in-law are both retired teachers. And my wife is on the school board. How about teachers like you "distant teaching" via video and have a student teacher in the room to keep order?

The covid stats for the young show little risk.

That's a pretty good idea...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]