Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

Default Re: NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

I don't understand this infatuation with the Montana Grizzlies …………..they're the second best team in Montana and have been for the last 5 years..... I suggest Larson attempt to sign a home and home (first game in Fargo) with the MSU Bobcats. At least that might be a competitive game. The Griz suck !!!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I don't understand this infatuation with the Montana Grizzlies …………..they're the second best team in Montana and have been for the last 5 years..... I suggest Larson attempt to sign a home and home (first game in Fargo) with the MSU Bobcats. At least that might be a competitive game. The Griz suck !!!
    We've already embarrassed them twice in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NDSU has had decades where we were not the best team in North Dakota. Just something to consider.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    NDSU has had decades where we were not the best team in North Dakota. Just something to consider.
    What does your comment have to do with the Montana Grizzlies sucking ????? If the Bison have to play a Montana team, they should play the best the state has......yes, NDSU has embarrassed the Bobcats in the PO's, but they've embarrassed the Grizzlies, too. OK...…..I give up...…...they both suck !!!! Hell, might as well schedule Carroll College.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU vs Montana in Bismarck Sept 4 ?

Fact check time: which decades? Please include head-to-head records. I can think of the occasional year or 2, but decades?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

While the veracity of this claim is still under investigation, I’m not sure why anyone other than a UN_ fan would try to bring this up. Take this bull crap into the political forum where it belongs...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I am starting the decade with the "0" year and ending with the "9" year. I didn't do any spreadsheet sorting, just manually counted on the always reliable Wikipedia.

1890's: 6-3 them
    1900's: 4-3 us, with 1 tie
    1910's: 5-3 them
    1920's: 8-2 them
    1930's: 5-3 them, with 2 ties
    1940's: 5-4 them
    1950's: 9-1 them
    1960's: 5-5 push
    1970's: 5-5 push
    1980's: 9-1 us
    1990's: 7-5 them
    2000's: 3-1 them
    2010's: 2-0 us
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Youre not being very honest with your statements. While the Cats have come out on top head to head, both the Griz and Cats were ranked in the top 10 last year, and are viewed pretty equally nationally in 2020. Griz were ranked ahead of the Cats in the BSC preseason polls. Yes, head to head the Cats have had the upper hand and went further in the playoff, but they are petty equal.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I am starting the decade with the "0" year and ending with the "9" year. I didn't do any spreadsheet sorting, just manually counted on the always reliable Wikipedia.

1890's: 6-3 them
    1900's: 4-3 us, with 1 tie
    1910's: 5-3 them
    1920's: 8-2 them
    1930's: 5-3 them, with 2 ties
    1940's: 5-4 them
    1950's: 9-1 them
    1960's: 5-5 push
    1970's: 5-5 push
    1980's: 9-1 us
    1990's: 7-5 them
    2000's: 3-1 them
    2010's: 2-0 us
    So for the ”record" 8 decades to them 3 for us and 2 decades were "ties”. They also lead the series wins by 15 wins as well?? 62-47-3. But 90s record looks like it includes the 94 and 95 playoff games do those technically count for this purpose?? Not that it really helps cause that just changed that to 6-4 them...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Youre not being very honest with your statements. While the Cats have come out on top head to head, both the Griz and Cats were ranked in the top 10 last year, and are viewed pretty equally nationally in 2020. Griz were ranked ahead of the Cats in the BSC preseason polls. Yes, head to head the Cats have had the upper hand and went further in the playoff, but they are petty equal.
    Really, Herd, who's not being honest here? You say "they're pretty equal", yet, the Bobcats have beaten them the last 5 years and have gone further in the PO's. WTH??? How does this equate to being equal or even "pretty equal"? Sorry, Herd, I don't see the logic here. PS...….I don't dislike the Griz football team…….just hate their fanbase.