Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

NDSU needs to move. this is beyond embarrassing.. 1st und now d3 st thomas
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    They have a massive endowment, are a fantastic school and are one of two DI schools in a top 20 metro area. The potential they have is huge.

I don't think football is going to be their flagship program anymore but it will be interesting if it is hockey or basketball that emerges in that regard. They would be smart to invest in hoops but they are a MN school.

As someone is also well-endowed, I too think this is a good move.

However, unlike the Tommies my hugeness is kinetic.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Good for St Thomas! very cool. Im sure it will have minimal effect on us for the time being, but the more successful they become, and they WILL become successful, they will become a growing threat for recruiting. And I promise they will not stay pioneer forever. They want more. They jumped from D3 to DI- they are HUNGRY and Pioneer doesnt satisfy that hunger
    We have two FCS teams relatively close. One is Stetson Univ of the Pioneer. They went 100 years without football and thought the Pioneer was a way to get football started. Florida is football crazy, I have been to a couple of games...the stadium is small, the field ok, and the talent a bit less, but i don't think the final goal is to stay in the Pioneer forever. The university has a very good baseball team that has produced a couple of pretty recent high profile MLB players, which drove to a degree the desire to have a more well rounded athletic program. The other is Bethune Cookman University. They are talking about leaving the MEAC and joining the SWAC. They have had a modicum of success at the FCS level, but never developed into what they could for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU needs to move. this is beyond embarrassing.. 1st und now d3 st thomas
    To where? Has to be an open door to move.

They have a massive endowment, are a fantastic school and are one of two DI schools in a top 20 metro area. The potential they have is huge.
    Yeah, the downplaying of this Uni and its potential impact feel like they're really being seen through a rosy lense on here. They could easily be a Valpo/Butler/Creighton++ level AD in a hurry if the commitment is there.

They have a long way to go on facilities, but are very well funded and are sitting on mid-major talent gold mine for recruiting in hoops especially, and football eventually if they play the non-scholly scholly game.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    To where? Has to be an open door to move.
    Don't think the current NDSU Pres and AD even try to knock on that door. Sometimes you have to knock if the door is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Don't think the current NDSU Pres and AD even try to knock on that door. Sometimes you have to knock if the door is closed.
    Agree...but if someone says that we need to move...then bring an idea...I know this topic has been beat to death for years...

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Agree...but if someone says that we need to move...then bring an idea...I know this topic has been beat to death for years...
    I can't put the dam phone in Stony Brook AD's ear and dial... or Dean B. THEY HAVE TO GREASE THE SKIDS FOR F's SAKE>
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Our non-football sports literally have nowhere to go.

MAC is too far and not much of an upgrade, MWC wouldn't want us and the private MVC schools want nothing to do with us. Maybe we could create a new league but now we are getting into SiouxVolley territory with that idea.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our non-football sports literally have nowhere to go.

MAC is too far and not much of an upgrade, MWC wouldn't want us and the private MVC schools want nothing to do with us. Maybe we could create a new league but now we are getting into SiouxVolley territory with that idea.
    I agree with this take. We are kinda stuck for now and have to make the best of the situation despite it being far less than ideal.. Our basketball fortunes, not football will determine any future move ups at this point. It seems like our most realistic opportunity is to join the MVC with SDSU but even that is basically a pipe dream. Something is going to happen post Covid in the realignment world and I hope we are ready.