Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Open air ya say? Huh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, they play soccer in it though so it automatically sucks. But when the alternative has a track around it you’re in a real pickle.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yeah, the more vague a poll question is, the more it is aimed to elicit a specific response.

I agree with you though, if the poll question was "If you could choose one athletic program to have national success, which would you prefer that program to be? Hockey, Basketball, or Football?"- people aint gonna pick hockey.

the more specific a question, the more accurate the responses become.
    EXAMPLE: Many people here think this is the only question to be asked in regards to going FBS "dOnT yOu lIkE wInNiNg cHaMpIoNsHiPs?!?!" of course I like winning championships, but thats not the only question that should be asked.

What should be asked:
    Do you think the Bison could compete on the field in the FBS?
    Do you believe that going 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 in the FBS provide larger benefits than going 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 in the FCS?
    Do you believe the FCS is a relevant college football brand nationally?
    Do you believe there is more to be achieved in the FCS for NDSU?
    If so, what specific goals do you believe are yet to be achieved in the FCS for NDSU?
    Do you believe we are in a league of our peers, who value athletics at a high level as NDSU does?
    Do you believe there is better media exposure for bowl games when compared to the FCS playoffs?
    Does another Championship for NDSU provide any new or unique exposure and/or institutional gain that wasn't already achieved with the last 8 national championships?
    If yes- what are they?
    If not, why are you currently in a subdivision that provides no additional value for winning an additional championship?
    Jesus Christ the FBS talk is literally an all consuming black hole isn't it??

Anyways, Reusse had an article on the St. Thomas transition so far in the Star Tribune. It's likely behind a paywall, but you may have a number of free articles.

https://www.startribune.com/st-thoma...sse/600106186/
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Wanting to be in the FBS and getting a conference to invite you are different things.
    Absolutely. The first step is acknowledging the truth that FCS is of no further value for our program, and the FBS provide an opportunity to advance our athletic profile. TO tie ourselves to a subdivision that is sinking is a choice, and not a good one.

I'm just trying to get folks to mentally get past step 1. Its up to the Ath Department to get to step 2-50
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yeah, they play soccer in it though so it automatically sucks. But when the alternative has a track around it you’re in a real pickle.
    They don't have any real good options there. Playing at Allianz is surely the best of the choices. Or maybe they can find some crafty architect who will design them a five level stadium on the existing site.

I had thought they might be able to buy and build on part of the old Ford plant site but it seems that is being developed for housing if I read that right. Didn't pay much attention.

up 24 0 at Stetson. they good I was watching
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

won 3 straight 6-2 overall plays 1st place Davidson this saturday

2021 PFL Standings
    STANDINGS CONF PCT PF PA OVERALL PCT PF PA HOME AWAY NEUTRAL STREAK
    Davidson 5-0 1.000 217 136 6-1 .857 269 207 3-0 3-1 W6
    San Diego 5-1 .833 198 125 5-4 .556 232 258 3-2 2-2 W5
    Morehead State 4-1 .800 163 129 5-3 .625 270 265 3-1 2-2 L1
    St. Thomas 4-1 .800 146 54 6-2 .750 160 107 3-0 2-2 W3
    Marist 3-2 .600 112 98 3-4 .429 143 169 1-2 2-2 L2
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    They don't have any real good options there. Playing at Allianz is surely the best of the choices. Or maybe they can find some crafty architect who will design them a five level stadium on the existing site.

I had thought they might be able to buy and build on part of the old Ford plant site but it seems that is being developed for housing if I read that right. Didn't pay much attention.

Allianz is a beautiful stadium. And after the one UST-SJU game, they won't be allowing anymore football games there. MNUFC was not happy about the grass getting torn up.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    won 3 straight 6-2 overall plays 1st place Davidson this saturday

2021 PFL Standings
    STANDINGS CONF PCT PF PA OVERALL PCT PF PA HOME AWAY NEUTRAL STREAK
    Davidson 5-0 1.000 217 136 6-1 .857 269 207 3-0 3-1 W6
    San Diego 5-1 .833 198 125 5-4 .556 232 258 3-2 2-2 W5
    Morehead State 4-1 .800 163 129 5-3 .625 270 265 3-1 2-2 L1
    St. Thomas 4-1 .800 146 54 6-2 .750 160 107 3-0 2-2 W3
    Marist 3-2 .600 112 98 3-4 .429 143 169 1-2 2-2 L2
    ya know? its ALMOST like..... the FCS sucks at football. and that approx. 80% FCS teams are D3 masquerading as "rEaL dIvIsIoN oNe!!!11!"

But who are you going to believe? Brian Maclaughlin who says that JMU is on the brink of getting into the CFP, or your own f*cking eyes which can clearly see this is a shit subdivision?
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    ya know? its ALMOST like..... the FCS sucks at football. and that approx. 80% FCS teams are D3 masquerading as "rEaL dIvIsIoN oNe!!!11!"

But who are you going to believe? Brian Maclaughlin who says that JMU is on the brink of getting into the CFP, or your own f*cking eyes which can clearly see this is a shit subdivision?
    Well the Pioneer league really is DIII football masqeurading as DI because of the University of Dayton. Any other red herrings on the menu?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Well the Pioneer league really is DIII football masqeurading as DI because of the University of Dayton. Any other red herrings on the menu?
    Youre right, because the Pioneer is non scholarship, the FCS is PACKED with elite football talent.

Any other non sequiturs on the menu?
    3. It's time to go FBS