Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    This is spot on. I officiated Butler last week and talked with the coach about the conference. He said one of the reasons San Diego does well is they can recruit California talent who wants to stay close to home but doesn't have full scholarships to a D1 school. And San Diego is s nice place to live.

NAIA is closer to D2 also because they have lower academic standards. The successful programs get D1 talent that can't get eligible for NCAA or transfers who can't keep up with NCAA standards.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    St Thomas beat Butler like we would beat Butler. they will win the pioneer this first year, are they eligible for the auto bid? if western illinois leaves for OVC, I beat St Thomas comes to mvfc.

they do have a NDSU coach .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    St Thomas beat Butler like we would beat Butler. they will win the pioneer this first year, are they eligible for the auto bid? if western illinois leaves for OVC, I beat St Thomas comes to mvfc.

Hopefully we’re in the Mountain west soon

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    Hopefully we’re in the Mountain west soon
    amen brother...

They beat Butler pretty easily but not like we would or did.
    If we played our starters, we could have scored 100

We scored 57 and Zeb played in the 3rd and Noah Sanders in the 4th. We threw 3 passes in the 2nd half and played our 3rd string defense

I more realistic comparison is losing to UNI 44-3+. St Thomas would lose to Western Illinois by at least 4 TDs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    This is spot on. I officiated Butler last week and talked with the coach about the conference. He said one of the reasons San Diego does well is they can recruit California talent who wants to stay close to home but doesn't have full scholarships to a D1 school. And San Diego is s nice place to live.

NAIA is closer to D2 also because they have lower academic standards. The successful programs get D1 talent that can't get eligible for NCAA or transfers who can't keep up with NCAA standards.

Jucos are probably the best. They have up to 85 scholarships and many (not all) of them are there for academics

Although some Jucos have such high turnover with only 2 years, they have great athletes but no time to gel

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

only down 17-3 in 2nd half

Interesting. Somebody must have deleted the posts about the final score of the UNI game.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jucos are probably the best. They have up to 85 scholarships and many (not all) of them are there for academics

Although some Jucos have such high turnover with only 2 years, they have great athletes but no time to gel
    I've never worked JuCo but I think you are going to see a wide variety of talent. Similar to NAIA you'll have lower academic standards, athletes who flamed out at other schools looking for a chance to return, and lower quality players looking for a chance. Many of them only play 1 season and transfer.

I would guess that teams moving up to the FCS have a transitional period where they are not eligible for the playoffs just like NDSU was kept out of the playoffs in 2006 and 2007.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I would guess that teams moving up to the FCS have a transitional period where they are not eligible for the playoffs just like NDSU was kept out of the playoffs in 2006 and 2007.
    St. Thomas will be eligible for the FCS playoffs in the year MMXXVI.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    St. Thomas will be eligible for the FCS playoffs in the year MMXXVI.
    serious ???