Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 175

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,488

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    they are probably fine for football, just fill in the endzones and wrap could get up to 15,000 I'd imagine.
    I still cant believe they are trying to make hockey a thing, my bro/wife in their st thomas alum survey voted NO to hockey, it'd be nice to see the final numbers, but they didn't release that, they "made a decision based off of that" but I call BS, they have a loud 10% minority that begged for stupid hockey

    That 10 % must make up the majority of the big donors.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,488

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    What they want, they get.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20,447
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is true as well. If they relocate the track, they have pleeeeenty of space for a good MVC stadium.

    There is no way that the alumni didnt overwhelmingly approve Hockey lol. I mean its possible, but what was the poll question??:
    "ok, so we have unlimited money... do you think we should do something cool with it, or nah?"

    I wouldnt be surprised if your relatives were the only "no" votes lol
    it was pretty generic, but if you're a new D1 member, shouldn't you want to allocate all possible dollars to a better Basketball/Football program? just seems odd.
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    8,000

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it was pretty generic, but if you're a new D1 member, shouldn't you want to allocate all possible dollars to a better Basketball/Football program? just seems odd.
    Especially when Minnesota is saturated with hockey teams and sharing a media market with the Gophers.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Parkers Prairie, MN
    Posts
    1,619

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it was pretty generic, but if you're a new D1 member, shouldn't you want to allocate all possible dollars to a better Basketball/Football program? just seems odd.
    Yeah, the more vague a poll question is, the more it is aimed to elicit a specific response.

    I agree with you though, if the poll question was "If you could choose one athletic program to have national success, which would you prefer that program to be? Hockey, Basketball, or Football?"- people aint gonna pick hockey.

    the more specific a question, the more accurate the responses become.
    EXAMPLE: Many people here think this is the only question to be asked in regards to going FBS "dOnT yOu lIkE wInNiNg cHaMpIoNsHiPs?!?!" of course I like winning championships, but thats not the only question that should be asked.

    What should be asked:
    Do you think the Bison could compete on the field in the FBS?
    Do you believe that going 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 in the FBS provide larger benefits than going 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 in the FCS?
    Do you believe the FCS is a relevant college football brand nationally?
    Do you believe there is more to be achieved in the FCS for NDSU?
    If so, what specific goals do you believe are yet to be achieved in the FCS for NDSU?
    Do you believe we are in a league of our peers, who value athletics at a high level as NDSU does?
    Do you believe there is better media exposure for bowl games when compared to the FCS playoffs?
    Does another Championship for NDSU provide any new or unique exposure and/or institutional gain that wasn't already achieved with the last 8 national championships?
    If yes- what are they?
    If not, why are you currently in a subdivision that provides no additional value for winning an additional championship?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    8,000

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Wanting to be in the FBS and getting a conference to invite you are different things.

    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yeah, the more vague a poll question is, the more it is aimed to elicit a specific response.

    I agree with you though, if the poll question was "If you could choose one athletic program to have national success, which would you prefer that program to be? Hockey, Basketball, or Football?"- people aint gonna pick hockey.

    the more specific a question, the more accurate the responses become.
    EXAMPLE: Many people here think this is the only question to be asked in regards to going FBS "dOnT yOu lIkE wInNiNg cHaMpIoNsHiPs?!?!" of course I like winning championships, but thats not the only question that should be asked.

    What should be asked:
    Do you think the Bison could compete on the field in the FBS?
    Do you believe that going 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 in the FBS provide larger benefits than going 9-2, 10-1 or 11-0 in the FCS?
    Do you believe the FCS is a relevant college football brand nationally?
    Do you believe there is more to be achieved in the FCS for NDSU?
    If so, what specific goals do you believe are yet to be achieved in the FCS for NDSU?
    Do you believe we are in a league of our peers, who value athletics at a high level as NDSU does?
    Do you believe there is better media exposure for bowl games when compared to the FCS playoffs?
    Does another Championship for NDSU provide any new or unique exposure and/or institutional gain that wasn't already achieved with the last 8 national championships?
    If yes- what are they?
    If not, why are you currently in a subdivision that provides no additional value for winning an additional championship?
    Wherever you go, there you are.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Imperial Cass
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    they are probably fine for football, just fill in the endzones and wrap could get up to 15,000 I'd imagine.
    I still cant believe they are trying to make hockey a thing, my bro/wife in their st thomas alum survey voted NO to hockey, it'd be nice to see the final numbers, but they didn't release that, they "made a decision based off of that" but I call BS, they have a loud 10% minority that begged for stupid hockey
    I'm patiently awaiting a Kevin comment here... where are you Kevin?

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20,447
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    I'm patiently awaiting a Kevin comment here... where are you Kevin?
    bro & his wife. LOL Kevin doesn't need ammo shhhhhhhhh
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    16,566

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    5 minutes from a brand new 20,000 seat outdoor stadium.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Hennepin County
    Posts
    5,554

    Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    5 minutes from a brand new 20,000 seat outdoor stadium.
    Open air ya say? Huh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •