Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I just hope they start sucking at BB so they don’t jump to the MVC!
    the want MVC for basketball. they want to be "Gonzaga of the North". something I was hoping NDSU would shoot for back after our Oklahoma win...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just hope they start sucking at BB so they don’t jump to the MVC!
    They will end up Big East
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

While they are in the Summit hopefully it jacks up the competition level of competition in Mens basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I see St. Thomas got $75 Mil to help build a sports arena for Hockey and Basketball. (probably behind paywall).

https://www.startribune.com/universi...ies/600244109/
    They will have a nicer basketball arena than most in the conference.

The SHAC was obselete the day we built it. Its ok but I think we are 4th or 5th in the Summit League. USD, St Thomas, Omaha and SDSU are better IMO

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    They will end up Big East
    They will have to spend some time in the MVC before they get into the Big East. Follow Creighton footsteps

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I see St. Thomas got $75 Mil to help build a sports arena for Hockey and Basketball. (probably behind paywall).

https://www.startribune.com/universi...ies/600244109/
    That's crazy, but honestly may be a great move for them strategically.

Basketball and Hockey are sports where they have a chance to be very competitive very quickly at the D1 level.
    Become a basketball powerhouse and big conferences get interested quickly.

Wish we would spend more on basketball, but I don't think our fanbase is ready to support it like this.

They will have to spend some time in the MVC before they get into the Big East. Follow Creighton footsteps
    How long before they overshadow Creighton and Marquette?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    How long before they overshadow Creighton and Marquette?
    Easy to compare them to Creighton, in a big city ( Omaha) in a Big 10 territory ( Nebraska) . Can they take over the Minneapolis metro and push out Minnesota for some of those fans. Will be interesting to see

Easy to compare them to Creighton, in a big city ( Omaha) in a Big 10 territory ( Nebraska) . Can they take over the Minneapolis metro and push out Minnesota for some of those fans. Will be interesting to see
    I mean the future is bright but in reality they are 4-5 heading into a tough stretch. They are great at home but have 2 road wins.

They have Minneapolis but UMKC has Kansas City and Denver has Denver.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Can they ... push out Minnesota for some of those fans. Will be interesting to see
    Creighton shaves off some UN fans in Omaha and Lincoln, so I'll say 'yes'.