Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Screw u pac 12! Ndsu oregon cancelled

Default Re: Screw u pac 12! Ndsu oregon cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    And the death rate is low because the denominator is huge thus a waste of time and money to try and stop the world from turning unless there are ulterior motives?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    5 -7 % is huge? Pretty sure Longhorn was predicting it was double or triple that months ago.

Noticed you skipped the part of indicating pandemic being in initial stage and important to limit spread.

And the death rate is low because the denominator is huge thus a waste of time and money to try and stop the world from turning unless there are ulterior motives?

Yes, and the Covid death toll is considerably lower than the "official" count.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    5 -7 % is huge? Pretty sure Longhorn was predicting it was double or triple that months ago.

Noticed you skipped the part of indicating pandemic being in initial stage and important to limit spread.
    Is it important to limit spread among the young and healthy or let herd immunity develop? Do you believe in herd immunity? Is doing trillions of dollars of damage to our economy worth 140k lives? How many people have died because elective procedures and exams were not done? Lots of thing to cionsider.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Is it important to limit spread among the young and healthy or let herd immunity develop? Do you believe in herd immunity? Is doing trillions of dollars of damage to our economy worth 140k lives? How many people have died because elective procedures and exams were not done? Lots of thing to cionsider.

For herd immunity to happen we would need 70% of the population to recover from covid19
    About 200 million people... Is that what you are talking about as some cure all
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    For herd immunity to happen we would need 70% of the population to recover from covid19
    About 200 million people... Is that what you are talking about as some cure all
    70% of our current population is 230M. Even at an infection fatality rate of .5 that is still 1,150,000 Americans dead.

Hard to tell where football talk ends and off-topic begins, but I really wish there was more advocacy everywhere in our lives for an "option C" between burning our society to the ground with lockdowns or just accepting that 50k Americans will just die every month for us while we wait for a cure.

Its why I'm happy to stand apart from people, wear a mask in stores, not go to concerts or sports, do whatever other little thing may help give us a middle ground where we can salvage society and not kill my parents or people like them while we ride this out.
    Last edited by mnriverbison; 07-21-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    70% of our current population is 230M. Even at an infection fatality rate of .5 that is still 1,150,000 Americans dead.

Hard to tell where football talk ends and off-topic begins, but I really wish there was more advocacy everywhere in our lives for an "option C" between burning our society to the ground with lockdowns or just accepting that 50k Americans will just die for us while we wait for a cure.

Its why I'm happy to stand apart from people, wear a mask in stores, not go to concerts or sports, do whatever other little thing may help give us a middle ground where we can salvage society and not kill my parents or people like them while we ride this out.
    I'm with you mnriverbison. I really don't do anything different in my life now then before except I socially distance and always wear a mask. Even church is safe at this point due to the measures that have been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post

Hard to tell where football talk ends and off-topic begins, but I really wish there was more advocacy everywhere in our lives for an "option C" between burning our society to the ground with lockdowns or just accepting that 50k Americans will just die every month for us while we wait for a cure.

Wait there is a middle ground on this?? /Purple

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Current covid stats are about 3.7 million confirmed cases. Actual number of cases has to be 4-5x larger with all the asymptomatic people. CDC recently speculated actual cases may be 10x the confirmed numbers. Deaths are 140k but probably over stated. Therefore the death rate is probably 140,000/30,000,00 = 0.4% but probably far less.

140k is probably a vast undercount, mostly from the period of march and early april when people were dying before even being tested because there were no tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    140k is probably a vast undercount, mostly from the period of march and early april when people were dying before even being tested because there were no tests.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Data isn't really complete for the most recent month or two as death certs slowly trickle in from slow reporting areas, but even with not all of the deaths in it's pretty damn clear that the US is taking on a lot of excess deaths this year and in a time of year where we are typically seeing a lull in weekly deaths as we climb out of influenza/pneumonia season. This is really truly the only way to get a real grip on the impact of something like this. Washes out deaths improperly assigned to Covid, deaths improperly not assigned to covid, deaths from other things which were caused by delayed medical treatments because of covid, etc etc etc.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oregon started the Virus in order to not have to play NDSU. You will NEVER convince me otherwise.