Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw u pac 12! Ndsu oregon cancelled

Default Re: Screw u pac 12! Ndsu oregon cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    outraged over the #pussificationofAmerica and NDSU now not gettin to play a FBS game in 6 dam years!!!
    So you're outraged that by taking precautions we may all live to fight another day? You really have no clue, do you?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So you're outraged that by taking precautions we may all live to fight another day? You really have no clue, do you?
    You do know who you are responding to...the shit stirrer of all time who makes a living from bad takes.

Genuine question: why would you only cancel non-con games? Do conference games have special immunity from COVID or something? I assume it’s to try to only have bus trips? I highly doubt ASU/Cal/etc. are going to be climbing into buses for 18 hours of sightseeing prior to their games against OU.

My hope at this point is that the seasons get pushed to this spring like people have started mentioning. The year loses a lot of luster for me if we can’t play Oregon. This years team is hands down on paper the best FCS team that ever played. A shame they can’t put that to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Genuine question: why would you only cancel non-con games? Do conference games have special immunity from COVID or something? I assume it’s to try to only have bus trips? I highly doubt ASU/Cal/etc. are going to be climbing into buses for 18 hours of sightseeing prior to their games against OU.

My hope at this point is that the seasons get pushed to this spring like people have started mentioning. The year loses a lot of luster for me if we can’t play Oregon. This years team is hands down on paper the best FCS team that ever played. A shame they can’t put that to the test.
    It is about standardizing protocols. Conferences can control what conference schools do as far as testing, positive cases, and other covid related activity. They have no control outside of their conference.

People need to realize this is about worse case scenario, liability, and the school/ conference's ability to protect the student/ athlete. It doesn't look good if someone has to pay out in 10 years because long term effects of something caused because the school wanted to make a few bucks in 2020 happened.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It is about standardizing protocols. Conferences can control what conference schools do as far as testing, positive cases, and other covid related activity. They have no control outside of their conference.

People need to realize this is about worse case scenario, liability, and the school/ conference's ability to protect the student/ athlete. It doesn't look good if someone has to pay out in 10 years because long term effects of something caused because the school wanted to make a few bucks in 2020 happened.

If that's the case then let's cancel all sports forever, because we don't want any liability or anyone getting sick (hurt). Every season some kids get hurt or die from sports.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    If that's the case then let's cancel all sports forever, because we don't want any liability or anyone getting sick (hurt). Every season some kids get hurt or die from sports.
    This is not foreign territory for college football. Teddy Roosevelt saved them the last time around.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Step 1 before canceling the entire season. Don't want to rip off the bandaid on this one. They want us to get used to the idea of less football before no football. I assume tailgating will be step 2, but I'm shocked it wasn't step 1 for NDSU.

Serious question. When the season is inevitably cancelled. Do we get refunds on our season tickets, does it convert to a donation and we get points for it, do we get the option? Same for tailgating spots.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you can’t have fans in the seats, makes it tough to pay $650,000 to a visiting team. It’s a business decision as much as anything. Makes it easier to do as a conference

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Step 1 before canceling the entire season. Don't want to rip off the bandaid on this one. They want us to get used to the idea of less football before no football. I assume tailgating will be step 2, but I'm shocked it wasn't step 1 for NDSU.

Serious question. When the season is inevitably cancelled. Do we get refunds on our season tickets, does it convert to a donation and we get points for it, do we get the option? Same for tailgating spots.
    I would assume refund, but also with the option to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

This is spot-on and it's where the MVFC-only season hits potential snags. One does not have to go far to see the potential disparity in testing protocols that each MVFC school will find acceptable. It will track with program support. Then you need only consider one player (NDSU #5, for example, but any will do) and put yourself in ML’s shoes to see the difficulty of the situation with respect to liability.

It's not just the MVFC. This will be the next domino. Maybe the P5$ can pull it off.