Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw u pac 12! Ndsu oregon cancelled

Default Re: Screw u pac 12! Ndsu oregon cancelled

Just cancelled my hotel reservations in Eugene. Sad day.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    so how does Seat Geeks do this? To me they are the middleman. And could return their fee, but how do they put you and seller together? I assume you paid more than face. Were you made whole?

I know on ticketmaster with the Eagles concert in St. Paul, I had sold the tickets to a friend. He returned the tickets to me and I got the refund. But ticketmaster made quite clear if you bought from a third party, you were on your own.

Just interesting how this would all work out and what you get back for the tickets especially if bought from a 3rd party.
    When you sell on 3rd party sites, you're required to have a credit card on file. If the event is cancelled, they will charge the seller's card for what they were paid for the sale and refund the buyer. Buyer is made whole, seller has the tickets back in order to get a refund or whatever they need and the 3rd party site forfeits their fee (in almost all cases to my knowledge).

The scenario where an issue would arise would be if you bought directly from another person and didn't use a middleman, as you would need to track them down to them to get a refund and hope they were an honest person and refund you. That is part of the advantage, despite the higher cost, for using the reputable resale sites.

Current covid stats are about 3.7 million confirmed cases. Actual number of cases has to be 4-5x larger with all the asymptomatic people. CDC recently speculated actual cases may be 10x the confirmed numbers. Deaths are 140k but probably over stated. Therefore the death rate is probably 140,000/30,000,00 = 0.4% but probably far less.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Current covid stats are about 3.7 million confirmed cases. Actual number of cases has to be 4-5x larger with all the asymptomatic people. CDC recently speculated actual cases may be 10x the confirmed numbers. Deaths are 140k but probably over stated. Therefore the death rate is probably 140,000/30,000,00 = 0.4% but probably far less.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I notice you didn't "bold" the CDC recently speculated number? Why?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Agree, should have bolded the word "speculated".

If we take the most generously speculated possibility towards my position on almost anything, my position can look really good all of a sudden! That does not mean that I am correct however.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    When you sell on 3rd party sites, you're required to have a credit card on file. If the event is cancelled, they will charge the seller's card for what they were paid for the sale and refund the buyer. Buyer is made whole, seller has the tickets back in order to get a refund or whatever they need and the 3rd party site forfeits their fee (in almost all cases to my knowledge).

The scenario where an issue would arise would be if you bought directly from another person and didn't use a middleman, as you would need to track them down to them to get a refund and hope they were an honest person and refund you. That is part of the advantage, despite the higher cost, for using the reputable resale sites.
    That's actually good to know. When I had fake tickets that I bought off "Bill's Ticket's" that was the name for a concert in GF Alerus Center, I didn't get anything back when I could not use them. So the key is reputable.

THanks

The number of people in the United States who have been infected with the coronavirus is likely to be 10 times as high as the 2.4 million confirmed cases, based on antibody tests, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

CDC Director Robert Redfield’s estimate, shared with reporters in a conference call, indicates that at least 24 million Americans have been infected so far.

The antibody tests examine a person’s blood for indicators that the immune system has mounted a response to an infection. The serological surveys are being done around the country as epidemiologists try to measure the reach of the virus to date. Redfield said he believes 5 to 8 percent of the population has been infected so far.

Significantly, that would mean 92 to 95 percent remain susceptible to a coronavirus infection. Experts say this is the critical data point showing that the pandemic remains in its early stages and people need to continue to try to limit the viral spread.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-times-larger/

And the death rate is low because the denominator is huge thus a waste of time and money to try and stop the world from turning unless there are ulterior motives?

So did Oregon buy out???