Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

Default Re: Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'd argue that there are times the NCAA doesn't know how the NCAA works.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Sounds about right.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    SDSU has zero shot, id' say JMU and maybe Montana if they could shed Montana state
    SDSU would have at least 1 natty and possibly multiple if it weren’t for the mighty Bison. They never seem to have a down year and would be competitive at the next level. Montana and Montana State are allergic to consistency.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I was thinking about JMU. Their success relies so much on picking up FBS transfers. Would the success continue for them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    SDSU has zero shot, id' say JMU and maybe Montana if they could shed Montana state
    Beg to differ here; Montana State has beaten the Fizz four straight years (five if there's a coming season). Also, the Bobcats and Griz are joined at the hip by their Board of Regents; one team goes nowhere without the other.

Don't get your hopes up based on this story. It's one man's opinion in a sports story. It won't even be up for discussion at any level in the NCAA.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    SDSU would have at least 1 natty and possibly multiple if it weren’t for the mighty Bison. They never seem to have a down year and would be competitive at the next level. Montana and Montana State are allergic to consistency.
    Nope they have stig

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Nope they have stig
    And unfortunately, not the one who can drive:

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up based on this story. It's one man's opinion in a sports story. It won't even be up for discussion at any level in the NCAA.
    I would normally agree with you but I think issues like covid are going to make conferences and schools rethink logistics like travel. This idea won't gain any traction from one guy but he is a SI writer and those who televise might run with it. I think the end result would look more like geographically realigning P5 schools, not a 120 school major overhaul. Even if that made sense. For a Iowa, most of their schedule would become bus rides and very short flights. One could say games with Iowa State and Nebraska would increase revenue through ticket sales and decreased overhead.

TV will dictate most of any discussion. This is an idea where those who want to get into the tv contact game could like and promote this idea. 12 conference deals to be had? It will take a lot of really greedy bastard ADs who see more green through cutting costs to spin this up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    But are they as deserving? Or anywhere near as promising? Give us your list please. I'm genuinely curious
    I would say people who are essentially ready, AND could "compete" (which I would define, for this conversation, as being 7-5 or better in the MAC or CUSA or Sun belt, IMMEDIATELY) would be NDSU, JMU and SDSU.

Next tier would be Montana State and Montana. But we can pretty much nix them right now because it doesnt look like Montana is doing so hot with money and they wont move one without the other. Otherwise I could see them being very attractive for MW recruits- much more so than nevada, or Utah state or whatever. Who knows
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I would say people who are essentially ready, AND could "compete" (which I would define, for this conversation, as being 7-5 or better in the MAC or CUSA or Sun belt, IMMEDIATELY) would be NDSU, JMU and SDSU.

Next tier would be Montana State and Montana. But we can pretty much nix them right now because it doesnt look like Montana is doing so hot with money and they wont move one without the other. Otherwise I could see them being very attractive for MW recruits- much more so than nevada, or Utah state or whatever. Who knows
    I could see SDSU or NDSU become MAC champs within 1-3yrs, and I could see JMU be CUSA or Sun belt champs in the same time frame.

UM and MSU I dont think would ever sniff being W champs, but I could see a division title in 3-5 years as long as they wouldnt be in Boise's division. They aint passing boise- ever lol.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS