Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

Default Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/2...ce-realignment

Interesting read by Pat Forde. Of course, never gonna happen. But heartened by the fact that the article proposes that 11 FBS schools be demoted to FCS and a single FCS school (NDSU) be promoted to a new 120-team FBS. I love our proposed conference mates. If I were king for a day, this would be my legacy. Oh, and world peace.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Default Re: Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

BETTER FBS THREAD has this already
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Radical Realignment article on SI website features NDSU as lone FCS call-up

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yes it does, but I am sure many in this thread are thrilled to see it discussed here too.

Theyd protest playing the Bison

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Dang, I looked for it and didn't see it. Sorry I missed it. Thought I was the first to post it. And my intention was less about debating if we belong in FBS, but rather to highlight the respect we continue to get in the national media. So I thought this was the correct thread.

Mods, since it is it covered in another thread, you can pull this one down.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Dang, I looked for it and didn't see it. Sorry I missed it. Thought I was the first to post it. And my intention was less about debating if we belong in FBS, but rather to highlight the respect we continue to get in the national media. So I thought this was the correct thread.
    I do agree with Chapo that all this attention is being wasted by not working on a move to a higher level whatever that is. As I have said before the current so called leaders at NDSU don't have near the balls of Taylor and Chapman. Those in power right now would rather milk this run for all its worth, then when it fades away so will they.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU aside . . . One thing that Forde is dead on correct about . . . a proposal like this would be soooooooo good for college football as a whole. Lifting all of the DI FBS, instead of the G5 being starved off, and the few hoarding the dollars. You could get to an NFL type model where the massive TV money would be balanced between the 10 conferences. Would be very positive overall for college FB. Greed on the part of the B1G, SEC would prevent, but an awesome proposal none the less. Maybe a school like MN would get $25 million a year in TV money instead of $40, but that's still huge money.

For NDSU, as a 85 scholarship level team, can you imagine what $20 million in football TV revenue would do to athletics? Would be much easier to compete with the KState, IState and Nebraskas if we were all getting 20-25 a year in tv revenue. Again, a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    NDSU aside . . . One thing that Forde is dead on correct about . . . a proposal like this would be soooooooo good for college football as a whole. Lifting all of the DI FBS, instead of the G5 being starved off, and the few hoarding the dollars. You could get to an NFL type model where the massive TV money would be balanced between the 10 conferences. Would be very positive overall for college FB. Greed on the part of the B1G, SEC would prevent, but an awesome proposal none the less. Maybe a school like MN would get $25 million a year in TV money instead of $40, but that's still huge money.

For NDSU, as a 85 scholarship level team, can you imagine what $20 million in football TV revenue would do to athletics? Would be much easier to compete with the KState, IState and Nebraskas if we were all getting 20-25 a year in tv revenue. Again, a pipe dream.
    You would think the NCAA would be interested in having a setup like this........

"Here’s the Forde Bowl Subdivision lineup (FBS Profile Rank is a 1–120 metric that combines a school’s five-year average Sagarin football ranking; its 2020 U.S. News & World Report National University ranking; and its 2018–19 Learfield Cup all-sports ranking):"

NDSU is at 68. Sounds about right. Pretty much ahead of nearly every single G5 program. Remember 10 years ago, when we'd throw a parade if we were mentioned in the same sentence as them? Now from a PROGRAM perspective, it seems we're getting noticed from a national perspective as not necessarily "just a cute story from little ol
    north dakota".

When you look at the facts, you literally cannot tell a story about Modern day college football without including a chapter on NDSU. Surreal, really. Can you F*cking imagine if we beat Oregon this year?? it will be a media storm like we've never seen before, and that is saying ALOT
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

NDSU and every other non P5 athletic dept would benefit. No way MN would give up $15m in TV revenue for that to happen.