Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

Default $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

Now, fundraising begins. Plans include a new running surface and moving the throwing events into the infield. I'd assume some level of seating and spectator facility upgrades, but that info isn't included in the news article. It's also possible the budget won't allow for those things this time.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/track...ack-renovation

Default Re: $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

I think the $5M covers everything they want to do.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think the $5M covers everything they want to do.
    But does that include upgrading the audience areas? I'm just asking because the article doesn't mention it, and I could believe the rebuild of the surface could cost the full amount. Or maybe the surface will only cost a couple million, and the remainder will go into the stands. You've probably seen more detailed info, but all I've seen is the article I linked.

I hope that part of the $5M goes to landscaping.
    If the track is going to enjoy some great performances, the athletes need protections from the wind,
    like well placed and designed hills and tall & thick shelterbelts to steer wind away from the track area.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I hope that part of the $5M goes to landscaping.
    If the track is going to enjoy some great performances, the athletes need protections from the wind,
    like well placed and designed hills and tall & thick shelterbelts to steer wind away from the track area.
    This ^ Plus visually the whole area is kind of boring

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Last summer I ran a youth track meet for a thousand kids and I couldn't hold it at NDSU. I had to hold it at Fargo South. The stands never did get done and the concession stand is not adequate for large crowds.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Saw a building permit filed today

Permit · E5ESE4
    Type: Parking Lot

Description: Property is owned by NDSU. We will be constructing the sitework package for NDSU's new running track at the Ellig Sports Complex. Work will be composed of excavation & grading, storm sewer improvements, minor water line adjustment, concrete flatwork, asphalt paving, fencing, irrigation and turf establishment. Electrical work will be under a separate contract in which the contractor will have to apply for their own permits separately from our work.

Created By: Veit & Company, Inc.

https://permits.fargond.gov/PrmtView.aspx?ref=E5ESE4

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Are there any renderings of the renovated complex? I've been searching and cant find anything whatsoever
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Are there any renderings of the renovated complex? I've been searching and cant find anything whatsoever
    I read an article yesterday and it showed no images. Was wondering myself. They did the same thing with the new softball stadium and they were nicer than I expected

https://www.inforum.com/sports/track...to-Fenway-Park

Had forgotten about this, but drove by today--work has started...