Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

Default Re: $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    For a non revenue sport Im really not though. I want to go there and think this is nicer than Ellig. Im sure it will accomplish that. Besides its much easier to improve an outdoor track facility over time.

After looking at NW Missouri States new football locker room, I would rather we spend money on that
    Thats the truth. Being the level NDSU has elevated itself to, they should be able to say "every single facility we have for sports is better than every single facility in D2 and all but 1 or 2 in FCS".

Right now, there are D2 programs outshining NDSU in a few areas even after all of these improvements
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If you are expecting more than aluminum and plastic, you will be disappointed.
    I've searched the internet 20x over looking for a rendering of this track project and all I can find is the cartoon image of the physical track which is completely uselss. Anyone else have a picture or rendering of this project? I cant find anything for this or the upcoming softball hitting facility
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Thats the truth. Being the level NDSU has elevated itself to, they should be able to say "every single facility we have for sports is better than every single facility in D2 and all but 1 or 2 in FCS".

Right now, there are D2 programs outshining NDSU in a few areas even after all of these improvements
    I think having nice facilities for other sports is appealing to recruits of all sports. You get an athlete the caliber of Jabril Cox and he sees the old sofball stadium, it just reeks small time. But I would rather they go into the IPF practice locker room and see something that blows their mind with digital pictures, green led accent lighting and a player lounge that looks like it belongs in the Big 10. That being said, Tharaldson is certainly impressive and the new track will be an upgrade

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

https://twitter.com/NDSUTrackField/s...P6QJOTm_jX_-jw

On Twitter today, video clip of the upgrades going on.

Drove by it today. The bleachers are pretty generic but nicer. More or less green bench seats on the west. The press box is a clone of the one at Tharaldson. I think it said Don Larson on the top. The bleachers are taller on the south end but shorter on the north. But since they removed the old bleachers and there is no longer 2 sets, it looks like a high school stadium.

Nothing that contains it without the old bleachers. Terrible setting. No trees or interesting buildings around it. No landscaping. (Maybe there are plans?) Can they at least build some hills with dirt and put grass on it

Overall the wow factor is non existent. Maybe if they wrapped it with matching shitty generic bleachers it would feel like an actual enclosed arena. This feels like a nice D2 level. Its as nice as USD but a crappier setting than St Thomas

Obviously the new surfaces will be awsome. Scoreboard will be awesome. Concessions and restrooms will be better. But the stadium sucks

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Drove by it today. The bleachers are pretty generic but nicer. More or less green bench seats on the west. The press box is a clone of the one at Tharaldson. I think it said Don Larson on the top. The bleachers are taller on the south end but shorter on the north. But since they removed the old bleachers and there is no longer 2 sets, it looks like a high school stadium.

Nothing that contains it without the old bleachers. Terrible setting. No trees or interesting buildings around it. No landscaping. (Maybe there are plans?) Can they at least build some hills with dirt and put grass on it

Overall the wow factor is non existent. Maybe if they wrapped it with matching shitty generic bleachers it would feel like an actual enclosed arena. This feels like a nice D2 level. Its as nice as USD but a crappier setting than St Thomas

Obviously the new surfaces will be awsome. Scoreboard will be awesome. Concessions and restrooms will be better. But the stadium sucks
    Hopefully they wrap the stadium backside in green mesh and build some sort of grand entrance. It's pretty pitiful looking right now.

Here is what KU's mixed soccer/track/softball facility looks like and would be an awesome fit for our master plan.
    rock-chalk-park-amenities.jpgRock-Chalk-Park-1280.jpg
    Last edited by AKBison; 08-31-2022 at 09:15 PM.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Updated pics from twitter last week.

[url]https://twitter.com/PhelpsTodd4/status/1567895511436238852?cxt=HHwWiICxwaOqpMIrAAAA[/url

Still need to put some lipstick on that pig.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

First conference meet on the new track:

Bison Men = 1st place - 13 years in a row outdoor champion
    Bison Women = 1st place - 14 of last 15 years outdoor champion

533 In a row

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    First conference meet on the new track:

Bison Men = 1st place - 13 years in a row outdoor champion
    Bison Women = 1st place - 14 of last 15 years outdoor champion
    Great job by the Mens and Women’s T&F teams. The ladies were in a battle with the Yote women who won last year. They secured the championship on the 2nd to last event!

Arguably these are our two most successful athletic programs at NDSU. Sadly T&F isn’t appreciated like it was back in the day!

I went to the meet last weekend. Thought the “concourse” sidewalk around the fence needed to be twice as wide. I could hardly walk past people who were spectating at the fence. With the rainy conditions, walking off the path was pretty muddy given that the grass hadn’t come in yet.

I also thought a fancy joint concession stand with roofline seating/viewing for the softball diamond and track & field would have been cool.

Lastly, the scoreboard didn’t have replays nor was the scoring super clear at times. I think all of these features would be nice and could be added assuming there was the dough. Overall, it was a fun time watching the bison win the meet!