Thread: $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

Default $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

Now, fundraising begins. Plans include a new running surface and moving the throwing events into the infield. I'd assume some level of seating and spectator facility upgrades, but that info isn't included in the news article. It's also possible the budget won't allow for those things this time.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/track...ack-renovation

Default Re: $5M Ellig renovation gets approval

I think the $5M covers everything they want to do.

478 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think the $5M covers everything they want to do.
    But does that include upgrading the audience areas? I'm just asking because the article doesn't mention it, and I could believe the rebuild of the surface could cost the full amount. Or maybe the surface will only cost a couple million, and the remainder will go into the stands. You've probably seen more detailed info, but all I've seen is the article I linked.

I hope that part of the $5M goes to landscaping.
    If the track is going to enjoy some great performances, the athletes need protections from the wind,
    like well placed and designed hills and tall & thick shelterbelts to steer wind away from the track area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I hope that part of the $5M goes to landscaping.
    If the track is going to enjoy some great performances, the athletes need protections from the wind,
    like well placed and designed hills and tall & thick shelterbelts to steer wind away from the track area.
    This ^ Plus visually the whole area is kind of boring

Up until 1967, interracial marriage was illegal in the US. How many people were alive in 1967? In 1958, only 5% of America approved of it. 1991 - 48% approved. 2007 - 78% approved. We have come a long way but have a long way to go.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inte..._United_States

As a historical datapoint, I competed for NDSU for 4 hears under Coach Larson and coached there for 8 years with Coach Gores. Not once in those 12 years did we have a meet at NDSU due to the condition of the track. In fact while coaching, we used to crawl over the locked fence at Concordia in order to just have a decent track to train on. The current state of the track would have been a Taj Mahal to us. It’s great to see the current support to keep the track worthy of Bison athletes!