Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to improve on in 2020

Default Things to improve on in 2020

knock on wood for a 2020 season first.

Anyway, it's hard to improve on a 16-0 season and it'd be easy to feel complacent after the back-to-back undefeated seasons but I can think of two areas that could use improvement:

Rush defense: NDSU was not excellent against the run. The last nine games, the LOWEST number of yards rushing given up was 160 which would be bad by normal NDSU standards (that said, NDSU's defense held four of those teams to under 100 yards passing which is pretty awesome.

False starts / offsides / illegal procedures: Hard to believe the sloppiness there (unless the offsides on defense were calculated risks.)

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Things to improve on in 2020

Trey ONLY had a 66.9% completion percentage.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stopping the run is a big one for me.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reserved tailgate lineup, urinal lines at halftime, and lack of seats in the corners concern me and need to be cleaned up yesterday. One area of improvement is a night game even closer to Louisville than Youngstown, so I can look away from the other three issues for now. I am very excited to see Trey's mental development and how he makes adjustments at the line.

Good lord we have had such insane talent come through this school. I will work on improving my appreciation for this in 2020.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

The band could not play the same songs at every game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Stopping the run is a big one for me.
    Yup, 2019's run defense was as soft as it's been since the championship run started. Need to have someone step up at the DT spots to shore that up.

Placekicking is probably the next most obvious spot... I felt like the long snapping in particular left a lot to be desired last year. Luckily a game never came down to a FG attempt but if it did I would've had almost zero confidence that they'd be able to pull it off.

That's pretty much it. OLB might be a concern without Jabril Cox but there's plenty of talent there still.

We must win every game by at least 31 or else the season will be a disaster.

Yes, that includes the Univerity of Anaheim Flying Ducks.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Reserved tailgate lineup, urinal lines at halftime, and lack of seats in the corners concern me and need to be cleaned up yesterday. One area of improvement is a night game even closer to Louisville than Youngstown, so I can look away from the other three issues for now. I am very excited to see Trey's mental development and how he makes adjustments at the line.

Good lord we have had such insane talent come through this school. I will work on improving my appreciation for this in 2020.
    The reserved tailgate lineup. It has gotten so slow. Can't believe they haven't tried to fix it. Okay, I can believe it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I was going to go back and check to see how many extra points NDSU missed the last decade... I remember when announcers used to be required to say "That might come back and haunt them" at least five times after every miss. I don't think NDSU ever had it come back to haunt in the last decade though (although it got close once or twice.)

So here it goes:

2010: 42 of 43 on PATS. The one miss was in a 7 pt loss to UNI.
    2011: 51 of 56. 1 miss against the Gophers but still won by 13. The closest to "coming back to haunt" (CB2H) was the miss v SIU in a 9-3 win. Missed 2 PATs in the playoffs as well as a 2PAT.
    2012: 57 of 61. Missed 1 v Georgia Southern that might have CB2H but didn't. Missed another against SHSU which got turned into a 2PAT.
    2013: 77 of 79. Misses v Delaware State and SDSU but since neither of those teams scored....
    2014: 60 of 62. Missed 1 v Incarnate Word (fatigue might have been a problem) and 1 in the championship v ISU-Red which almost CB2H.
    2015: 66 of 70. Missed 3 PATs in the playoffs including 2 in the closest game v UNI (but we got those 2 back with a safety)
    2016: 49 of 50: Only miss was against EWU. Luckily they missed one too so it went to OT.
    2017: 75 of 79. Missed 1 in the playoffs (SHSU)
    2018: 83 of 85: Missed 1 in the playoffs (SDSU)
    2019: 69 of 72: Missed 1 in the playoffs (Nicholls)
    Total: 629 of 657 with 11 of the 28 misses in the playoffs... yikes.

NDSU went 7 of 8 three times on PATs so maybe our kickers got tired.