Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All-time College Football Win Streak

Default All-time College Football Win Streak

The Bison are ten wins short of Oklahoma’s record of 47 straight and no thread. What gives?

Couldn’t find any info on NAIA, DIII, or DII win streaks. Anyone know the longest winning streaks at these levels?

I give it an 80% chance the Bison get to 48 straight wins.

Default Re: All-time College Football Win Streak

As far as I can tell:

DII is 40 by Grand Valley State
    DIII is 55 by Mount Union
    NAIA is 42 by Sioux Falls

The two longest active win streaks are NDSU and Morningside (29?) - I remember when Morningside streaks rarely got past one game.

You are a lot more confident about the Oregon game than I am, that's for sure.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree. Oregon is a big question mark. I give it a 20% chance. Even if the team manages to gut it out at Oregon, there is always the potential for a one-off, let-down game. I don’t think NC A&T will be a cakewalk either.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    As far as I can tell:

The two longest active win streaks are NDSU and Morningside (29?) - I remember when Morningside streaks rarely got past one game.

Damn, so a long ways to go to get to Mount Union’s 55 game streak. I give it a 79.5% chance that NDSU will hold the all-time win streak by 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The Bison are ten wins short of Oklahoma’s record of 47 straight and no thread. What gives?

Couldn’t find any info on NAIA, DIII, or DII win streaks. Anyone know the longest winning streaks at these levels?

I give it an 80% chance the Bison get to 48 straight wins.
    Thought lakes had one going? Or was that just postings in some random thread. Know it has been posted at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    As far as I can tell:

I bet a big chunk of his 80% is that the game(or season) won't be played at all. We're losing COVID containment out here and it's unknown how the political leaders will respond. Will they try to completely re-contain it, or will they acknowledge that the genie's out of the bottle and just try to keep things at a low boil until the vaccine is ready? If it's the former, I don't know if the game's getting played.

Speaking of streaks, NDSU has multi-game losing streaks to only six existing football programs. And if the game with Drake goes through, that number should drop by one.

The despicable six: Idaho (3), Michigan State (2), Wisconsin (2), Drake (2), Gustavus (2), and Hamline (2).

And if only NDSU could get Idaho in the playoffs...

The most recent game with any of the other four teams was played in 1947 and the future isn't looking good for getting those teams on the schedule.

Somewhat related...…….

Only 1 program has a winning record against the Bison in NDSU's D1 era.

HONOR SYSTEM: Who can name this team without looking through the archives?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Somewhat related...…….

Only 1 program has a winning record against the Bison in NDSU's D1 era.

HONOR SYSTEM: Who can name this team without looking through the archives?
    UNI, and if I recall correctly they're only up by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    UNI, and if I recall correctly they're only up by 1.
    In the DI era, NDSU is up 9-4. NDSU finally got up 1 on them in the all-time series this year 27-26 (UNI only has 7 wins against NDSU in the last 50 seasons.)

I'm pretty good at remembering who beat NDSU (and why it was a travesty) so I'll sit this one out.

But I have a related question: Since going DI, NDSU doesn't have a losing record to any team they've met more than once. They do have a .500 record against two teams (both at 1-1)... one team is Iowa State. Who is the other?