Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Or, you know, he listened to his teammates and acted as a humble leader should.
    You mean his teammates told him to shut the fuck up, and he caved? What a leader.

You're not allowed to have an opinion.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Brees wasn't criticized for why he stands, he was criticized for not listening to why others kneel and instead ascribing his own explanation of their motivations. I respect why he stands and the meaning he takes from the anthem, I did not respect him trying to take away the meaning from others of why they kneel.
    Brees stated why he stands for the flag, and what he thinks of while the Anthem plays. He didn't assign any motivation to the kneelers.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Brees stated why he stands for the flag, and what he thinks of while the Anthem plays. He didn't assign any motivation to the kneelers.
    "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag".

Brees wasn't criticized for why he stands, he was criticized for not listening to why others kneel and instead ascribing his own explanation of their motivations. I respect why he stands and the meaning he takes from the anthem, I did not respect him trying to take away the meaning from others of why they kneel.
    So you'd be happy with the playing of the National Anthem at all events...high school, college, pro sports..whenever it is played...to become The Showtime of Grievances for all Americans. We all have something we see as wrong in America...something we're pissed about that is happening in this country....and it's okay for us to turn the time for the The National Anthem into a Showtime of Grievances? Oh look, there's DCinOK sitting down during the Anthem cuz he's against abortion in America, there's Sally giving the middle finger to the American flag because she thinks women are oppressed in America, there's Tommy the local Nazi giving a Heil Hitler salute during the anthem because he's pissed about....well, who knows what Tommy the local Nazi is pissed about.
    No...the playing of the Anthem and the display of the American flag is NOT the time to air your grievances about America.

Your God seems nice.
    He's the best. And He's a Bison fan.

"I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag".
    What motivation did he assign? Kneeling is disrespectful. That's why they do it, to draw attention to their cause. If it wasn't an intentional act of disrespect, they wouldn't be doing it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    He's the best. And He's a Bison fan.
    Either that or we've made a deal with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    What motivation did he assign? Kneeling is disrespectful. That's why they do it, to draw attention to their cause. If it wasn't an intentional act of disrespect, they wouldn't be doing it at all.
    Kneeling is disrespectful because you are saying it is. The flag can't tell you it feels disrespected. Instead of listening to why they kneel you are ascribing the motivation of disrespect, just like Brees did previously.

Do you know why they kneel vs sitting or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    So you'd be happy with the playing of the National Anthem at all events...high school, college, pro sports..whenever it is played...to become The Showtime of Grievances for all Americans. We all have something we see as wrong in America...something we're pissed about that is happening in this country....and it's okay for us to turn the time for the The National Anthem into a Showtime of Grievances? Oh look, there's DCinOK sitting down during the Anthem cuz he's against abortion in America, there's Sally giving the middle finger to the American flag because she thinks women are oppressed in America, there's Tommy the local Nazi giving a Heil Hitler salute during the anthem because he's pissed about....well, who knows what Tommy the local Nazi is pissed about.
    No...the playing of the Anthem and the display of the American flag is NOT the time to air your grievances about America.
    Sure. Freedom of speech is more important to me than required obedience. I will say if you choose a controversial method of protest you better have a well reasoned explanation of your cause. For me at least that's what really matters.

Kneeling is disrespectful because you are saying it is. The flag can't tell you it feels disrespected. Instead of listening to why they kneel you are ascribing the motivation of disrespect, just like Brees did previously.

Do you know why they kneel vs sitting or something else?
    Kaepernick originally sat until he had a conversation with a teammate (ex-green beret) who told him sitting was disrespectful and kneeling would be seen as less so.