Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Oh wow, that's profound...that it's not just my flag. Thing is, I love it like it's just mine...as if all the great things it stands for and all the patriots who fought for it are now looking just to me...little 'ol me...to defend it...and condemn anyone who doesn't honor it when it is displayed. Kneeling during the anthem to protest this or that in America...when instead you should be standing and looking at YOUR flag with hand on heart...I'll condemn that nonsense with God on my side, thank you very much. I wish every American had the decency to say that is MY flag. For some reason, my claim on the flag troubled you...strange.

Know whose flag it is not? It's not Colin Kaepernick's flag...he told us that when he said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." That's where this athlete-kneeling crap began. Now Brees bows down to Liberal Cancel Culture and says that kneeling during the anthem is "not about the flag?" He's delusional...It has ALWAYS been about disrespecting the flag.
    Congratulations, you're a terrible American and have no appreciation for anything it's about.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boyers didn’t really encourage him to kneel as a sign pf respect. It was a compromise, because Kaepernick made it clear that he didn’t want to stand and Boyers thought kneeling was more respectful than sitting.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/64611...to-take-a-knee

Kaepernick has always been a bit of an extremist in his views IMO, which is why I don’t like him personally. He is extremely anti-cop and seems to encourage revolution, including violent means, as opposed to peaceful demonstration. I tend to frown on extremism on either end of the spectrum.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaepernic...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Boyers didn’t really encourage him to kneel as a sign pf respect. It was a compromise, because Kaepernick made it clear that he didn’t want to stand and Boyers thought kneeling was more respectful than sitting.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/64611...to-take-a-knee

Kaepernick has always been a bit of an extremist in his views IMO, which is why I don’t like him personally. He is extremely anti-cop and seems to encourage revolution, including violent means, as opposed to peaceful demonstration. I tend to frown on extremism on either end of the spectrum.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaepernic...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Wonderful interview with Boyers. Extremely thoughtful person.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wonderful interview with Boyers. Extremely thoughtful person.
    Yeah, he’s pretty cool. He has said a few words on the Brees situation as well.

Here is a link considering analytics. Everyone has an opportunity to do the same. It may be correct or not but until root cause analysis is performed,the problem will not be solved. https://www.oann.com/statistics-reve...ican-suspects/

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You mean his teammates told him to shut the fuck up, and he caved? What a leader.

You're not allowed to have an opinion.
    It seems like he still has an opinion. He got slammed by the President and had no trouble defending his position. People are allowed to change their mind.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Here's another thing many of you remember, but doesn't fit the current narrative. https://www.nfhs.org/articles/olympi...erful-message/

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Here is a link considering analytics. Everyone has an opportunity to do the same. It may be correct or not but until root cause analysis is performed,the problem will not be solved. https://www.oann.com/statistics-reve...ican-suspects/
    There are 8 times as many white people as African Americans in the US so if the police kill half as many African Americans, they’re still 4x as likely to die at the hands of authority.

You need to find a better conspiracy network.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There are 8 times as many white people as African Americans in the US so if the police kill half as many African Americans, they’re still 4x as likely to die at the hands of authority.

You need to find a better conspiracy network.
    People typically killed by police where they live and commit acts to be under suspicion. Analytics not OAN will reveal the truth. All problem solving models require root cause analysis, not how someone feels about an issue. I doubt that everyone in North Dakota is racist because they are white and doubt the ancestors who homestead in the 1890's owned slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    People typically killed by police where they live and commit acts to be under suspicion. Analytics not OAN will reveal the truth. All problem solving models require root cause analysis, not how someone feels about an issue. I doubt that everyone in North Dakota is racist because they are white and doubt the ancestors who homestead in the 1890's owned slaves.
    We just did the analytics. There are 8x as many whites... African Americans 4x as likely to be killed by police.