Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Default Proud of our coaching staff and team

Please do not get into Hot debates here. I'm just passing on that I heard Matt entz on Hero sports podcast and they talked for maybe 3-5 mins on the situation out there, and I have to say, I think the NDSU staff, and players are handling this incredibly well. EXTREMELY respectful. No talk of "racists!" or "thugs" or whatever. All very POSITIVE, very much about building each other up as opposed to tearing down the "other side".

Just very impressed, most everyone out there is putting out statements and they can hardly avoid doing personal attacks against the "other side". I havent seen a single instance of that within the Staff or the team. Which is the way it should be. Proud of the men involved in our program. In a time that is as emotionally charged as any in our history, I feel they've been able to keep level headed and be as positive as any group or organization out there. Props to them
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Please do not get into Hot debates here. I'm just passing on that I heard Matt entz on Hero sports podcast and they talked for maybe 3-5 mins on the situation out there, and I have to say, I think the NDSU staff, and players are handling this incredibly well. EXTREMELY respectful. No talk of "racists!" or "thugs" or whatever. All very POSITIVE, very much about building each other up as opposed to tearing down the "other side".

Just very impressed, most everyone out there is putting out statements and they can hardly avoid doing personal attacks against the "other side". I havent seen a single instance of that within the Staff or the team. Which is the way it should be. Proud of the men involved in our program. In a time that is as emotionally charged as any in our history, I feel they've been able to keep level headed and be as positive as any group or organization out there. Props to them
    The most important part of this is voicing your opinion WITHOUT putting other people down. There may be reasonable arguments on the other side that you shouldn’t be dismissive about. People respectfully challenging beliefs is what helps us to grow. We all need friends that oppose our views, otherwise it is easy to get sucked into the realm of group think. Being respectful to others leaves the door open for a reasonable discussion of opposing views.

I'm almost afraid to make any kind of comment because things can be taken the wrong way (Just ask Drew Brees how his week has been), but then some people say silence is denying a problem.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Listen more. Talk less. Do more.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Listen more. Talk less. Do more.
    I prefer Conversate more. Do better.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Sorry but I dont agree with groupthink. This is one of those issues that if you're not on the "right" side you get lectured and labeled names.

I will never apologize for I am. I will leave it at that out of respect for Bisonville/NDSU.

All I know is that my outlook on race relations when I bunked with two Vietnamese brothers on a travelling soccer team one summer in high school. I can't imagine what they went through before being shipped to America and then always being treated differently.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm almost afraid to make any kind of comment because things can be taken the wrong way (Just ask Drew Brees how his week has been), but then some people say silence is denying a problem.
    I think even now, Brew Brees understands what the problem was with what Drew Brees said. It’s not that hard to understand. Open your ears and your heart.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think even now, Brew Brees understands what the problem was with what Drew Brees said. It’s not that hard to understand. Open your ears and your heart.
    I'll just say no comment for my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    My ears and heart are open, as is my mouth...as I had to vomit at your comment. Ill condemn anyone who performs any kind of "protest" during the anthem and when my flag is being honored. It's not that hard.