Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Kaepernick originally sat until he had a conversation with a teammate (ex-green beret) who told him sitting was disrespectful and kneeling would be seen as less so.
    Why did he saying kneeling was better?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

These guys are so right that they feel the need to infect another thread. Point taken.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Why did he saying kneeling was better?
    The article I read said that Boyer (the ex-green beret) told him that’s what soldiers do alongside the graves of fallen soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    These guys are so right that they feel the need to infect another thread. Point taken.
    Just turn on the talk radio... You'll be safe there

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The article I read said that Boyer (the ex-green beret) told him that’s what soldiers do alongside the graves of fallen soldiers.
    That's my understanding as well. For me I can appreciate a certain amount of symbolism there and the fact he was willing to change how he was expressing his protest gives me a better understanding of his motivations.

Just turn on the talk radio... You'll be safe there
    Jason ellis took the week off so it's all replays. He had doctor drew on last week. He's worried about what this is doing to the youth. I agree.

Lardsin must go!

Game of thrones audio books last week. Kind of feel sorry for the dude that had to read it all out loud but he does the voices pretty well.

Lardsin must go!

Either that or we've made a deal with the devil.
    Robert Johnson went down to the crossroads and sold his soul to the devil. And it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Oh wow, that's profound...that it's not just my flag. Thing is, I love it like it's just mine...as if all the great things it stands for and all the patriots who fought for it are now looking just to me...little 'ol me...to defend it...and condemn anyone who doesn't honor it when it is displayed. Kneeling during the anthem to protest this or that in America...when instead you should be standing and looking at YOUR flag with hand on heart...I'll condemn that nonsense with God on my side, thank you very much. I wish every American had the decency to say that is MY flag. For some reason, my claim on the flag troubled you...strange.

Know whose flag it is not? It's not Colin Kaepernick's flag...he told us that when he said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." That's where this athlete-kneeling crap began. Now Brees bows down to Liberal Cancel Culture and says that kneeling during the anthem is "not about the flag?" He's delusional...It has ALWAYS been about disrespecting the flag.
    History is fun,

......... most Americans had already forgotten the extensive role black people had played on both sides during the War for Independence. At the 1876 Centennial Celebration of the Revolution in Philadelphia, not a single speaker acknowledged the contributions of African Americans in establishing the nation. Yet by 1783, thousands of black Americans had become involved in the war. Many were active participants, some won their freedom and others were victims, but throughout the struggle blacks refused to be mere bystanders and gave their loyalty to the side that seemed to offer the best prospect for freedom.

What did they get in return ?.....

https://www.historyisfun.org/learn/l...an-revolution/

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    The only thing that can derail another Bison NC is Cancel Culture. Any of our guys express pro-police, or pro-respect the flag and anthem sentiments...or, God forbid, "like" a non-Liberal-approved post on social media...they will be attacked..their season and life ruined. Brees was right at first....stand and respect the flag and anthem...then he caved like a wuss due to Liberal Cancel Culture.
    bizarre of you to call it cancel culture while calling for people to be canceled for not acting in ways that you don't approve
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.