Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    My ears and heart are open, as is my mouth...as I had to vomit at your comment. Ill condemn anyone who performs any kind of "protest" during the anthem and when my flag is being honored. It's not that hard.
    Why'd you put protest in quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    My ears and heart are open, as is my mouth...as I had to vomit at your comment. Ill condemn anyone who performs any kind of "protest" during the anthem and when my flag is being honored. It's not that hard.
    It’s not just your flag.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

HerdistheWord is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think even now, Brew Brees understands what the problem was with what Drew Brees said. It’s not that hard to understand. Open your ears and your heart.
    I think the people criticizing Drew Brees are a bit hypocritical. He voiced his opinion about an action based on what the flag means and represents to him. He got criticized heavily for not understanding what that action meant to other people. However, at the same time, those other people failed to listen and understand what that action meant to him.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think even now, Brew Brees understands what the problem was with what Drew Brees said. It’s not that hard to understand. Open your ears and your heart.
    Could you clarify what your problem is with what Brees said?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think the people criticizing Drew Brees are a bit hypocritical. He voiced his opinion about an action based on what the flag means and represents to him. He got criticized heavily for not understanding what that action meant to other people. However, at the same time, those other people failed to listen and understand what that action meant to him.
    An honest conversation is not being sought. You must shut up and listen, and apologize for the color of your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    An honest conversation is not being sought. You must shut up and listen, and apologize for the color of your skin.
    Not to mention the faction who demands that we be more tolerant arent very tolerant of other people views at all.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

No one accused him of disrespecting anyone either.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Could you clarify what your problem is with what Brees said?
    Nothing, anymore.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Colin Kaepernick has a retweet on his twitter account with a picture of Drew Brees and the caption: This shows you that there are a lot of people & companies out there right now that will say they stand with us but only do it so they dont get bashed not because they mean it. https://twitter.com/kaepernick7

His latest tweet:

When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction.

The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears, because your violence has brought this resistance.

We have the right to fight back!

Rest in Power George Floyd