Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Here's another thing many of you remember, but doesn't fit the current narrative. https://www.nfhs.org/articles/olympi...erful-message/
    Bravo...Needs to be more messages like this and less excuses.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We just did the analytics. There are 8x as many whites... African Americans 4x as likely to be killed by police.
    Straight population is a pretty crappy metric for that, because you have to look at who the police are interacting with more (i.e. number of encounters). I would further break that down by the number of encounters for violent and non-violent crimes. Your odds of getting shot/killed are going to increase if you are involved in more violent crimes.

We just did the analytics. There are 8x as many whites... African Americans 4x as likely to be killed by police.
    And why is that????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Straight population is a pretty crappy metric for that, because you have to look at who the police are interacting with more (i.e. number of encounters). I would further break that down by the number of encounters for violent and non-violent crimes. Your odds of getting shot/killed are going to increase if you are involved in more violent crimes.
    And if you are non-compliant.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Here's another thing many of you remember, but doesn't fit the current narrative. https://www.nfhs.org/articles/olympi...erful-message/

There are only 5x as many whites as blacks in the US , 60% vs 12%

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    So there's something inherent in a person's skin color that makes them more or less prone to violence?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Randini View Post
    There are only 5x as many whites as blacks in the US , 60% vs 12%
    Don't know what happened with my math, maybe need more coffee this morning. But good news, right, African Americans are only about 2.5x more likely to be killed by police than a white person.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So there's something inherent in a person's skin color that makes them more or less prone to violence?

Nope. The thought is that there IS a problem, it’s just not necessarily that cops are hunting down people of color. There are other inequities that lead to people of color being more frequently on the other end of the police response. In other words in my ignorant opinion, higher frequency of blacks dying at the hands of LE is a symptom, not the sickness itself.