Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Proud of our coaching staff and team

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of our coaching staff and team

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We kill people without trial for committing crimes now?
    Is that what I said?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Why would I assume that people alleged to be committing a violent crime deserve to be met by the state with lethal force?

Further why would I assume that the police only kill suspects who are alleged to have committed a violent crime?

Maybe I might know a little something about how to do analytics.
    It is pretty logical to assume that people committing violent crimes are going to be more dangerous and will present more reasonable situations for officers to fear for their lives. I personally wouldn’t fear for my life if I saw someone steal a pack of gum, but I sure as hell would if I saw a man beat someone bloody with a baseball bat. One of these situations is much more likely to provoke a higher force response from law enforce simply as a means of matching the suspect’s use of force, which has nothing to do with the cop serving as judge, jury, and executioner and has everything to do with the cop’s right to defend themselves.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1 thing I liked about NDSU football and its players/coaches from 2010-2019 during the title run. was that I saw ZERO political stances by anyone, literally nothing 1 way or another and I really used to enjoy that..
    My kids and I were talking about this during the Brees situation. I respect what Brees' had to say and agree with it for the most part. I can also respect the reason that Kaepernick started the kneeling during the Anthem. Like it or not, many people are talking about those situations because of who they are and they have more power to get necessary changes made. If you or I would do the same thing, nobody would notice and it definitely wouldn't be talked about. In North Dakota, NDSU football players and coaches are celebrities and have the opportunity to start change in our state. Every person they interviewed about the peaceful protest march through our city I had no clue who they were, but my son knew our QB was in the march and we were able to talk about what was going on and had a great conversation because of it. He didn't even have to say a word and he affected a conversation that we had in our household. They do have the power to do it and should use it when needed. I would say this is one of those times when it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    It was refreshing. The only thing we had was Jack the OL that left wearing a pin to see trump.
    hell, even going to see Trump was poo pooed by coaches players as Non Political 100%.

cats out of the bag now I'm afraid, it was a Great NON-POLITICAL , NO BULLSHIT RUN by NDSU...
    Not sure what political stances have been broached by NDSU, the coaching staff or players. Do you have any specific link that is political?

I don't see protesting for racial injustice as political. Everyone should be for equal rights. That should have nothing to do with politics.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's my take on the kneeling situation. It comes from the hypocritical view of the left. Kaep can say all he wants about why he kneels for the flag, but it shouldn't matter what he says...bacause the liberal or leftist mantra has always been, 'if it offends one then it must be stopped'...I don't care how many military personal you throw at me that agrees with Kaep and the "I served so people like him can be free to protest..." BS. The truth is that kneeling to the flag indeed does offend military personal and their families. So by the leftist standards, we must stop something that is offensive to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Here's my take on the kneeling situation. It comes from the hypocritical view of the left. Kaep can say all he wants about why he kneels for the flag, but it shouldn't matter what he says...bacause the liberal or leftist mantra has always been, 'if it offends one then it must be stopped'...I don't care how many military personal you throw at me that agrees with Kaep and the "I served so people like him can be free to protest..." BS. The truth is that kneeling to the flag indeed does offend military personal and their families. So by the leftist standards, we must stop something that is offensive to some.
    Actually the leftist mantra has always been "if it offends me then it must be stopped."

So, kneeling for the flag offends you.

See the difference?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Actually the leftist mantra has always been "if it offends me then it must be stopped."

So, kneeling for the flag offends you.

See the difference?
    Well played. But my point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Well played. But my point still stands.
    Your point about it offending military families stands, yes. The logic trap "gotcha" does not.

I disagree with kneeling but their point is that it has nothing to do with the military. It's about a nation allowing a police force to kill people with (often) minimal or no repercussions.

Both can be true at the same time.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Your point about it offending military families stands, yes. The logic trap "gotcha" does not.

I disagree with kneeling but their point is that it has nothing to do with the military. It's about a nation allowing a police force to kill people with (often) minimal or no repercussions.

Both can be true at the same time.
    And this statement is not even close to being true...just look at the numbers.
    And like I said before, it shouldn't matter what the reasoning is given for kneeling. I didn't make the rules, they did.

Compelled reverence to national symbols in a democratic republic has always made about as much sense to me as compelled religious piety in a theocracy.