Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hero Sports Preseason T25 Poll

Default Re: Hero Sports Preseason T25 Poll

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    They have a great stadium too. I paid money for my wife to graduate from there. I want a reason to watch them.

The right coach could recruit there. There’s two fcs teams north of sac town.
    Kurt Russell’s father, Bing, owned a minor-league baseball team (Portland Mavericks) that played at that stadium in the 70s.

If you have Netflix, the documentary, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Kurt Russell’s father, Bing, owned a minor-league baseball team (Portland Mavericks) that played at that stadium in the 70s.

If you have Netflix, the documentary, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Hope the coaches read this one multiple times.

Don’t necessarily disagree.

Beep. Boop.
    If it matters I hope they do. NDSU's run defense took a step or two backwards last year from previous years and I think there are plenty of questions at DT and LB still this year. Hopefully there are guys who step up at those spots this year and shore it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If it matters I hope they do. NDSU's run defense took a step or two backwards last year from previous years and I think there are plenty of questions at DT and LB still this year. Hopefully there are guys who step up at those spots this year and shore it up.
    Its hard to say LB will improve this year with the loss of Cox, but I think they are very deep and I expect them to be fine-to-very good at least by midseason.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Its hard to say LB will improve this year with the loss of Cox, but I think they are very deep and I expect them to be fine-to-very good at least by midseason.
    Yeah, there's a lot of moving parts in the back 7 especially without Jabril… too bad we didn't get a spring ball to get some ideas on what the coaching staff was planning. Biggest question I have is what they do with Kaczor? He has to see the field as much as possible but do they move him to SS moving Tutsie over to FS or do they try to make him a T-Beck like hybrid LB to replace Jabril?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I live in Portland and it is absolutely amazing to me how completely irrelevant they are here.
    I hear you. Spent about 2 weeks in Portland for son's wedding, wore Bison gear a number of times out and about. Never heard from a PSU fan, but did talk to a few Ducks fans. Fast forward a year, son now is living in Spokane, following my normal pattern, wore Bison gear around town while hitting the pubs and such. The EWU fans were much more engaging and in reality not terrible...some pretty good convos about the Big Fluffy and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot of moving parts in the back 7 especially without Jabril… too bad we didn't get a spring ball to get some ideas on what the coaching staff was planning. Biggest question I have is what they do with Kaczor? He has to see the field as much as possible but do they move him to SS moving Tutsie over to FS or do they try to make him a T-Beck like hybrid LB to replace Jabril?
    What I noticed about Kaczor when they put him in on pass down situations is that sometimes they would run instead of pass and he really flashed as a run-stopper, too, if I recall. He does look undersized, but the t-beck comparison works well there and I just love the way he plays. Weerts looked great too. I think we’ll have 3 solid starters with some plug n play as you were saying.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I live in Portland and it is absolutely amazing to me how completely irrelevant they are here.
    The Pac-12 dominated the local sports when we lived in Portland. Portland State received the same coverage as D-III Linfield College which is a short drive from the Portland metro area.
    It's OK to not be OK.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The Pac-12 dominated the local sports when we lived in Portland. Portland State received the same coverage as D-III Linfield College which is a short drive from the Portland metro area.
    That is exactly right.
    Insert something clever here...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    They have a great stadium too. I paid money for my wife to graduate from there. I want a reason to watch them.

The right coach could recruit there. There’s two fcs teams north of sac town.
    The stadium is spectacular, particularly since the new addition that came online about a year ago. I'm a member of the MAC so I watch a bunch of Timbers games there while having a couple of drinks on their back deck facing the stadium.

They have actually had a couple of decent coaches and even had dorko Jerry Glanville there for a couple of years. I can't figure it out. OU and OSU completely dominate the college sports landscape even thought they're not substantially in Portland and also given how cool the stadium is and the location of the college.
    Insert something clever here...