Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen F Austin stripped of all wins and titles from 2013-2019

Default Re: Stephen F Austin stripped of all wins and titles from 2013-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Are you thinking of Austin Peay? SFA hasn't been good in football for a while now. IIRC they had some decent teams in the late 90s to mid-2000s. The last time they made the playoffs (2015-ish???) they got obliterated at the UNI-Dome in the first round.

What this really hurts for them is their men's basketball program. They were a powerhouse mid-major. Multiple tournament wins over the last 5 years and a win at then #1 ranked Duke this past season.
    Yes. They both have Austin in the name so I’ll give myself a pass.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    To me the article makes it sound like they got the death penalty. No sports at all for a year, not just postseason bans...

Probably more so an issue with clear writing than the truth.
    I read a comment elsewhere that they are banned from post season play but I agree this article states no football, etc but I assume just terrible research/writing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I read a comment elsewhere that they are banned from post season play but I agree this article states no football, etc but I assume just terrible research/writing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    It is just bad writing. The football postseason ban is for this season(2020), baseball is also this season(spring 2021), and MBB will be for the 2021-2022 season. There is also the possibility that those bans could be extended if SFA doesn't quickly make improvements in those teams' APR scores. It sounds like it might be mathematically impossible to get at least one of the teams above the 930 minimum right away(it's a 4-year rolling average), but SFA is hoping that they'll get a waiver if they can show significant improvement.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2020/5/20/...ck-nation.aspx

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The NCAA finally decided to come down hard on North Carolina for all their academic violations with athletes . . . so they penalized Stephen F. Austin!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    The NCAA finally decided to come down hard on North Carolina for all their academic violations with athletes . . . so they penalized Stephen F. Austin!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Do they have basketball, football or any players that we can poach? Can they transfer out without penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Do they have basketball, football or any players that we can poach? Can they transfer out without penalty?
    I’d potentially take basketball or baseball players from them.

Football... can’t imagine there’s anything worth taking. They cheated and still couldn’t make it out of the Southland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Are the players academically capable? That would make me proceed with caution

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com