Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What do you think about the idea of posting football until spring? It might be hard for some teams up north without indoor facilities to have winter camp before the season.
    Ivy league schools are apparently going to do this.

What do you think about the idea of posting football until spring? It might be hard for some teams up north without indoor facilities to have winter camp before the season.
    2 seasons even with limited games in one year is a tough sell. Maybe the Ivy could pull it off. but the virus could be worse when more ppl are inside.

I think it's the dumbest idea in a long time and that's saying something.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not a fan but I understand why they were considering it. They would be banking on a vaccine by then and the hope of recovering some of the lost revenue compared to just cancelling the season entirely.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IndyBison; 07-08-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Not workable in the Midwest.......snowiest part of year would be at the beginning of the season. And no way football would be able to start again in August.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Not a fan but I understand why they were considering it. They would be banking on a vaccine by then and the hope of recovering since of the list revenue compared to just cancelling the season entirely.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I think you are right. I work with 3 MiLB teams. All have lost the entire season. They are doing everything they can to keep some of the 2020 revenue, even if it cannibalizes some of 2021. A number of institutions would have a struggle without the revenue from football for an entire year. I saw some astronomical number for Alabama if they just don't have fans in the stands...can't imagine what the number would be if there no games at all for the 20-21 season.

Harvard announced limited students on campus. Will that include football players? I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Harvard announced limited students on campus. Will that include football players? I guess we will find out tomorrow.
    I don’t imagine Harvard or any of the other Ivies really need any football revenue so they are likely running a slightly different decision tree. I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    On the news today they said only freshmen would be on campus and all classes would be online.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Keep the heat on the Athletic Dept. Make sure you guys are making contact!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?