Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1120

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Matt Larson: NDSU not having to scrape the bottom of its cash barrel just to play a football game.

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend.
    Excuse me, but this seems a bit farfetched; P5 wanted to host AND have NDSU pay them to play ?????? Really ????? Where in the hell do you hear this ? Sorry if I'm a Doubting Thomas, but this seems a bit too much to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Excuse me, but this seems a bit farfetched; P5 wanted to host AND have NDSU pay them to play ?????? Really ????? Where in the hell do you hear this ? Sorry if I'm a Doubting Thomas, but this seems a bit too much to swallow.
    Sounds like Bullshit to me........smells like it too!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Matt Larson: NDSU not having to scrape the bottom of its cash barrel just to play a football game.

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend.
    Even if half true, ML doing a great job keeping NDSU football from getting exposure and games they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Even if half true, ML doing a great job keeping NDSU football from getting exposure and games they deserve.
    Scared. Plain and Simple. Leadership requires sticking your neck out and pushing boundaries. NDSU had a chance to be incredible... but just golly gee, aw shucks small town vibe....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Great point. Just hide and wait. Try and appease both sides.

Lukewarm gets spit out.

But it looks like a lot of new information since decisions were made (Big10 back etc) so opportunity to adjust response.

Also if the pac12 plays- Larson better be on ESPN calling oregon out for a game or our money.
    Nobody is getting a dime for that. Better just accept that and move on.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Examples and details?
    Crickets. Just as I thought.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Crickets. Just as I thought.
    Fargo media reported multiple P5 teams that offered to pay NDSU but they were "lowballed". They also reported that NDSU had significantly cut the guarantee they were offering (which is understandable given the circumstances). Only paying UCA $100K (plus a home/home) is proof that is accurate. These are just the things that are public and not coming from people connected. Maybe the same people that were stating P5 were asking NDSU to pay them to come to their stadiums??

Sorry I had better things to do last night than look things up for you. Google it. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Fargo media reported multiple P5 teams that offered to pay NDSU but they were "lowballed". They also reported that NDSU had significantly cut the guarantee they were offering (which is understandable given the circumstances). Only paying UCA $100K (plus a home/home) is proof that is accurate. These are just the things that are public and not coming from people connected. Maybe the same people that were stating P5 were asking NDSU to pay them to come to their stadiums??

Sorry I had better things to do last night than look things up for you. Google it. Learn.
    siouxboy is probably right here. I don't know why the hell we didn't take ANY LOWBALL FBS GAME OFFER!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    siouxboy is probably right here. I don't know why the hell we didn't take ANY LOWBALL FBS GAME OFFER!
    I do. Because it will be a money loser for the program. Maybe that's ok with you. Maybe you think that it's worth it to lose some money in order to play more football. That's your prerogative but if you're actually in position to make those decisions you have to deal with the consequences of pushing the AD further into the red. Do you tell some AD staffers or coaches that they have to be furloughed or laid off so we can play more football games? Do you tell some student-athletes that their scholarships will be reduced or cut so we can play more football games? These aren't easy decisions to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I do. Because it will be a money loser for the program. Maybe that's ok with you. Maybe you think that it's worth it to lose some money in order to play more football. That's your prerogative but if you're actually in position to make those decisions you have to deal with the consequences of pushing the AD further into the red. Do you tell some AD staffers or coaches that they have to be furloughed or laid off so we can play more football games? Do you tell some student-athletes that their scholarships will be reduced or cut so we can play more football games? These aren't easy decisions to make.
    if NDSU got offerred $100k and flights/hotels/meals from a Big 12 or ACC or CUSA and didn't take it, that's ridiculous. Marketing/Branding/National Opps is kinda important too ya know