Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I must be missing something. When I read this article it sure sounds like NCAT is going to have a season even though the Big South conference isn’t.

http://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/25/no...tball-in-2020/
    It's marked as canceled on gobison.com but who knows?

There will be a ndsu football season baby!!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    There will be a ndsu football season baby!!!!!
    I'm cautiously optimistic that the season will start, but the NCAA Board of Governors meets on August 4th and they could say No to the championships.

NDSU could still play, of course, but what happens if there is a positive test during the season? What are the rules for that situation? You'd think that would mean quarantining the whole team for two weeks.

Anyway, starting a season is easy. Finishing it without canceling games is the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I must be missing something. When I read this article it sure sounds like NCAT is going to have a season even though the Big South conference isn’t.

http://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/25/no...tball-in-2020/
    No where in that article does it say the Big South is canceling their season. It talks about big south member Hampton canceling and NCAT taking their place. Pretty straight forward article from my perspective

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic that the season will start, but the NCAA Board of Governors meets on August 4th and they could say No to the championships.

NDSU could still play, of course, but what happens if there is a positive test during the season? What are the rules for that situation? You'd think that would mean quarantining the whole team for two weeks.

Anyway, starting a season is easy. Finishing it without canceling games is the hard part.
    I think what happens with the Marlins situation will have huge impacts on NCAA fall sports. If it was quickly contained and nobody else got it, then I think they'll move forward. If it spreads to the Phillies (who they were playing) and then spreads to the Orioles (who they play next maybe) then NCAA is going to cancel fall sports in my opinion.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This may be the only time in history that the greed of the NCAA actually works in the favor of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    This may be the only time in history that the greed of the NCAA actually works in the favor of the fans.

*unless you get sick and die

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I think what happens with the Marlins situation will have huge impacts on NCAA fall sports. If it was quickly contained and nobody else got it, then I think they'll move forward. If it spreads to the Phillies (who they were playing) and then spreads to the Orioles (who they play next maybe) then NCAA is going to cancel fall sports in my opinion.
    I think most everyone, even the experts are making educated guesses at what to do, and really don't know what will produce the best outcome other than an effective vaccine.

It would be wise to punt until the spring when we will probably have multiple vaccines with widespread distribution. I really don't see how NDSU can have fans in the dome and without that revenue you tell me how it is financially possible to even have a season.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It would be wise to punt until the spring when we will probably have multiple vaccines with widespread distribution. I really don't see how NDSU can have fans in the dome and without that revenue you tell me how it is financially possible to even have a season.
    Pay per view streaming!