Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    I believe he started at the GF Herald. Could have been trolling.
    Then fuckem.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Then fuckem.
    Yeah this.

Lardsin must go!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FCS 2020 PREVIEW: MVFC Preseason All-Conference Team

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...onference-bzbz

Izzo picked his 5 (actually listed 7 total) teams to watch as title contenders for the upcoming season. 4 from the Valley and 3 from the Big Sky.

To me it begs the question, is east-coast FCS dead? I couldn’t tell you one team that I’d expect to see in the top 5 next year that isn’t one of the seven teams listed. The Southland is a dumpster fire, southern conference has become a yearly punchline and the CAA has consistently shown they are nothing without JMU.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think JMU and Nova should contenders for runner up
    Last edited by reformedUNDfan; 06-10-2020 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I think JMU and Nova should contender for runner up
    I really hope Nova is a real contender for two reasons and two reasons only I'm tired of hearing in the preseason they're going to be good and I want ANY new blood deep in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Izzo picked his 5 (actually listed 7 total) teams to watch as title contenders for the upcoming season. 4 from the Valley and 3 from the Big Sky.

To me it begs the question, is east-coast FCS dead? I couldn’t tell you one team that I’d expect to see in the top 5 next year that isn’t one of the seven teams listed. The Southland is a dumpster fire, southern conference has become a yearly punchline and the CAA has consistently shown they are nothing without JMU.
    East coast(or eastern/southern in general) got hurt by move ups. App St, GA Southern, even the upstarts like Old Dominion and Coastal Carolina. Good programs left and no one in the region really stepped up to the plate to the same level. And other power schools have decided to shoot themselves in the foot(Delaware, UNH, etc.)

Nova would literally be 7-9th in the valley. Maybe last. They f*cking SUCK. It is laugh out loud funny that B Mac keeps pimping them like they're just 1-2 plays away from being a annual semifinalist or something.

Straight up, there are maybe 5 good teams (and by that I mean, not embarrassing) and everyone else is borderline D2. Virtually no FCS take football seriously. App state and GSU leaving were punches in the gut, but even thought the schools like liberty, ODU and CC were never world beaters, they were head and shoulders above the average FCS puds when it comes to commitment to the program. I think those three schools alone have put more into their stadiums than maybe the rest of the FCS combined during the same time period (if you exclude SDSU)
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

For real, lets take an inventory of TOTAL FCS teams who have at least enough commitment from their admin where they dont want their football team to be an embarrassment to their school:

NDSU
    Montana
    Montana State
    EWU
    SDSU
    JMU
    USD
    UND (as much as I laugh at them, they clearly want to be not embarrassing where as 97% of the FCS is 100% cool with playing in highschool stadiums)
    Delaware
    ISUr i guess? they have put alot of cash into their stadium in the last 4-5 years but i feel thats lipstick on a pig. maybe i'm wrong

Who else makes this list? Who am I forgetting? What are the other schools who financially prioritize their football program at a level that is far and away better than D2?

I really dont think UNI makes this list. They have shown precisely zero commitment to facility improvements outside of the water stained field for nearly 20 years. They seem completely comfortable ignoring the football program until farley passes away from old age.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    For real, lets take an inventory of TOTAL FCS teams who have at least enough commitment from their admin where they dont want their football team to be an embarrassment to their school:

NDSU
    Montana
    Montana State
    EWU
    SDSU
    JMU
    USD
    UND (as much as I laugh at them, they clearly want to be not embarrassing where as 97% of the FCS is 100% cool with playing in highschool stadiums)
    Delaware
    ISUr i guess? they have put alot of cash into their stadium in the last 4-5 years but i feel thats lipstick on a pig. maybe i'm wrong

Who else makes this list? Who am I forgetting? What are the other schools who financially prioritize their football program at a level that is far and away better than D2?

I really dont think UNI makes this list. They have shown precisely zero commitment to facility improvements outside of the water stained field for nearly 20 years. They seem completely comfortable ignoring the football program until farley passes away from old age.
    Might have to take EWU off the list as they're broke as shit