Page 94 of 112 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Don't understand ML's big problem with working on 2 or 3 fall games. He and others in charge don't understand that players want to play as many games as possible. 1 game is better than none, but 3 is better than 1.
    Oh please just stop with the lies. JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Talk about a lose/lose. Lose money on the home game this year because of restricted capacity plus expedited testing costs, then lose more money for travel+hotels on the return away game. A 2-1 with a reduced payout for this year(like the UCA deal) is the only way to make it work.
    My not a home and home with NDSU hitting the road this year? That would be solid play, me thinks. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Oh please just stop with the lies. JFC
    Which part of that statement is a lie ???? The players don't want to play the 3 games ???? Or, ML and Company don't understand the players ?????

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    which part of that statement is a lie ???? The players don't want to play the 3 games ???? Or, ml and company don't understand the players ?????

...................stupid and a lie. JFC

All of the shit now being said about ML was said about GT and Bohl when he had the one off season. Its fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 08-27-2020 at 01:02 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Once again, you show that your program is in a "league" of its own. Everyone else acts like they "can't do it," but you go ahead and schedule a game. Kudos.

Now, can we get another game with UNI? Consider it the FCS national championship game without all the preliminaries.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Jacksonville State might be back on the table if they agree to a 2-1 (which I'm guessing is what ML's offer was.) They wanted a H&H.

Saw on the D2 board that North Alabama was also interested in a game with NDSU... so ML might be sitting back and waiting to see who bites first.
    If ADML is playing hard ball right now and ends up getting a 2 for 1 with #cocky which includes a home game this year, I will be mega impressed and it would drastically change my opinion of him. My gut says that the football program pushed him hard to change his stance on fall games though, and getting the UCA deal was his way of meeting in the middle.

Like Tony said though, asking for a 2 for 1 with Jax isn't really big leaguing them and I hope they don't see it like that. After covering their expenses (100,000) to get here and with basically no fans, it's a break even proposition for us. A 2 for 1 gives us a 2nd game to make up for the first. Besides, its a great non conference game for both schools and good for the FCS. The same could be said for the UCA game.

SOOO where's the other games?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    SOOO where's the other games?
    Do you want a H&H with Jacksonville State? Because wearing half a can of the stinky cologne Desperation by El_Chapo is how you lose a future home game for an away game with Jacksonville State and get a crappy plague year home game in return.

"Sometimes in business, it's better to make no deal than to make a crappy one." -Warren Buffet*

* Not that Warren Buffet, this one pronounces his last name as booffay and he is one hell of a travel insurance salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Do you want a H&H with Jacksonville State? Because wearing half a can of the stinky cologne Desperation by El_Chapo is how you lose a future home game for an away game with Jacksonville State and get a crappy plague year home game in return.

"Sometimes in business, it's better to make no deal than to make a crappy one." -Warren Buffet*

* Not that Warren Buffet, this one pronounces his last name as booffay and he is one hell of a travel insurance salesmen.
    Why would we be the home game this year? I know Matt says we’d prefer to play at home, but that’s always the case. JSU gets home game in shitty year, we get home game in a good future year.

Or we just pay them cash to come to the dome.

Or they pay us cash to go to wherever the hell Jacksonville, AL is.

Or... give them the ol’ Gene Taylor “Home and Home”: Dome now and dome later.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why would we be the home game this year? I know Matt says we’d prefer to play at home, but that’s always the case. JSU gets home game in shitty year, we get home game in a good future year.
    I'd be OK with that but don't know if that was on the table. It would be a huge travel expense in a year in which athletic departments are in survival mode.