Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

What the hell.....let's play two more!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

SIU MSU playing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The one year that Notre Dame joined a conference?

I'm not terribly impressed with his leadership recently either, but for exactly the opposite reasons I suspect that your are.
    Great point. Just hide and wait. Try and appease both sides.

Lukewarm gets spit out.

But it looks like a lot of new information since decisions were made (Big10 back etc) so opportunity to adjust response.

Also if the pac12 plays- Larson better be on ESPN calling oregon out for a game or our money.

I have it on good authority that NDSU has contacted every division 1 program and can't get any takers for 2 more games.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I have it on good authority that NDSU has contacted every division 1 program and can't get any takers for 2 more games.
    I believe that was true...but I am wondering if they've gone through everyone a second or third time. Things have changed...some programs may be willing where they weren't before. I guess I wouldn't assume either way. Maybe I should give ML a call.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    On terms that both sides deem acceptable. There are still games out there to be had, but no one has a ton of leverage right now. NDSU admittedly turned down games because the terms weren't up to what they thought was "fair".

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    On terms that both sides deem acceptable. There are still games out there to be had, but no one has a ton of leverage right now. NDSU admittedly turned down games because the terms weren't up to what they thought was "fair".
    Paging Matt Larsen: Please give us your definition of "fair".

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Paging Matt Larsen: Please give us your definition of "fair".
    Matt Larson: NDSU not having to scrape the bottom of its cash barrel just to play a football game.

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Matt Larson: NDSU not having to scrape the bottom of its cash barrel just to play a football game.

More than one P5 team wanted to host the game AND have NDSU pay them to travel to play, aside from NDSU's own travel expenses. Another argued that NDSU would have to pay a portion of the lost wages from their home ticket/concession sales that they lost due to extremely limited fans allowed to attend.
    And there were others that were offering better deals to have NDSU travel to their place than NDSU was offering to teams to come to Fargo. There were options, some better than others. UCA didn't have a problem taking a deal that wasn't exactly in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    And there were others that were offering better deals to have NDSU travel to their place than NDSU was offering to teams to come to Fargo. There were options, some better than others. UCA didn't have a problem taking a deal that wasn't exactly in their favor.
    Examples and details?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."