Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I would argue that issues of public health are not political. Apparently I’m wrong about that though.

Now, about those elective surgeries...
    It's not that it's political. It's just that there's a place to discuss if masks work or not is all. Not really football talk. If a mask stops a virus?

And I really hope that last comment wasn't directed towards me we could take that up somewhere else as well.

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It all works, a little. Masks work a little, social distancing works a little, washing hands work a little. Add them all up, carry it across an entire population and if the R value falls below 1, infections decrease instead of increase.
    This is what many people don't get. And even doing all those things didn't guarantee anything. But they collectively reduce the risk significantly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    If masks work... why did they let prisoners out of prisons? Why not just make them wear masks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A rhetorical question I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It's not that it's political. It's just that there's a place to discuss if masks work or not is all. Not really football talk. If a mask stops a virus?

And I really hope that last comment wasn't directed towards me we could take that up somewhere else as well.
    Heck no that was not directed at you or anyone else here. After all you are a Bison fan so by definition you’re good. I guess there could be a couple of notable exceptions but I rather like those guys really.

As for the mask debate I do see your point for sure. Not really football talk except I think for 2020 whether we like it or not they will be inextricably linked as long as there is hope for a season.

Not really political talk either is my point. More medical technology talk IMHO. Except that in 2020 some would choose to politicize it.

But you’re right. Given the situation on the ground it does not belong here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

just shut up, all of you!

Just give us our god dam NDSU football this year

PERIOD.

we got 2 months until conference game 1. we will be fine

I say since the 1st conference game would be Sept 21 so we got 2 months. NDSU fans obviously want Football, North Dakota HS Football is a GO, so that helps. NDSU will hurt just like the rest of the FCS if we don't play. I would urge everyone to email pattyv@mvfc.org NDSU facebook fan pages are encourgaging everyone to do so ...that way she see's we are the majority that want FCS football.

Play the 8 conference games. Do a quick 16 team tourney. 6-2 records and better get in.. If Western Illinois or Missouri State doesn't want to play, then invite JMU to take their spots.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 07-20-2020 at 04:11 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    just shut up, all of you!

Just give us our god dam NDSU football this year

PERIOD.

we got 2 months until conference game 1. we will be fine

I say since the 1st conference game would be Sept 21 so we got 2 months. NDSU fans obviously want Football, North Dakota HS Football is a GO, so that helps. NDSU will hurt just like the rest of the FCS if we don't play. I would urge everyone to email pattyv@mvfc.org NDSU facebook fan pages are encourgaging everyone to do so ...that way she see's we are the majority that want FCS football.

Play the 8 conference games. Do a quick 16 team tourney. 6-2 records and better get in.. If Western Illinois or Missouri State doesn't want to play, then invite JMU to take their spots.
    I really hope Patty makes any decisions based on the health and safety of participants and doesn't consider the personal feelings of any fans. Nobody wants football more than conference commissioners, athletic directors and coaches because they could be out of jobs if there is no football.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I really hope Patty makes any decisions based on the health and safety of participants and doesn't consider the personal feelings of any fans. Nobody wants football more than conference commissioners, athletic directors and coaches because they could be out of jobs if there is no football.

Imagine thinking the science exclusively points one way on this decision, and has no evidence to the contrary. Imagine how close minded you'd have to be to believe that. The confirmation bias out there is simply breath taking
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Imagine thinking the science exclusively points one way on this decision, and has no evidence to the contrary. Imagine how close minded you'd have to be to believe that. The confirmation bias out there is simply breath taking
    Is there any science that says that having a football season is safer than not having a football season?

Pretty sure that science is all pointing in the same direction on that question. It's just a matter of what is acceptable risk since playing a football season (or any kind of sport season) involves risk even without occurring during the middle of a pandemic/epidemic. That's more a fuzzy question.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Is there any science that says that having a football season is safer than not having a football season?

Pretty sure that science is all pointing in the same direction on that question. It's just a matter of what is acceptable risk since playing a football season (or any kind of sport season) involves risk even without occurring during the middle of a pandemic/epidemic. That's more a fuzzy question.
    I think with MLB starting up this weekend will help ease alot of people's minds. and if NO FANS is what it takes, screw it. have no fans. That would allow people to have that ease of mind.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Very few would lose their jobs........just wish they would quit wasting time and make preparations to have a season.