Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1120

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Tony, of those folks are being wieners on playing the fall due to cost, it is very unlikely those costs will drop in the Spring. I think they want football to simply take the year off. I'd say 50-50 a championship is awarded May 15. So WAY better to play now, but Larson, and the Valley dropped the ball.
    That could well be true - and there is no certainty that 2021 is going to happen either - and if it doesn't, I'm not sure that athletic departments will survive (so there's that.)

But if they're having a championship season, then NDSU has to participate. If it is called off, then, of course, NDSU can re-evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    LOL at anyone thinking there's going to be an actual spring season. They are kicking the PR can down the road. This thing might not even be back next fall.
    The election is this year

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That could well be true - and there is no certainty that 2021 is going to happen either - and if it doesn't, I'm not sure that athletic departments will survive (so there's that.)

But if they're having a championship season, then NDSU has to participate. If it is called off, then, of course, NDSU can re-evaluate.
    I'd MUCH rather watch the greatest offensive team NDSU has ever assembled than the watered down spring version. We'll have to disagree on that.

I'd MUCH rather watch the greatest offensive team NDSU has ever assembled than the watered down spring version. We'll have to disagree on that.
    This year's offense was shaping up to be baller.

Well, so would I, but wishing won't do anything.

I do not want NDSU to take their ball and go home so that somebody else can walk away with a national championship.

Oh wait, are you saying you'd rather play a fall season with no national championship possibility than play a spring season where we might win one? In the former scenario, would you expect Trey and Dillon to suit up?

I do not want NDSU to take their ball and go home so that somebody else can walk away with a national championship.

Oh wait, are you saying you'd rather play a fall season with no national championship possibility than play a spring season where we might win one? In the former scenario, would you expect Trey and Dillon to suit up?

Hasn't Radunz already said he's a one-trick pony? Plays this one game, graduates in December, then off into the sunset. Either in the fall or spring, the FCS playoffs will be a freakin' joke. Whoever wins the natty should have one hugh asterisk printed on the trophy stating the circumstances it was won in.

I think it would be cool if NDSU would get a bowl bid this Dec/Jan.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Hasn't Radunz already said he's a one-trick pony? Plays this one game, graduates in December, then off into the sunset. Either in the fall or spring, the FCS playoffs will be a freakin' joke. Whoever wins the natty should have one hugh asterisk printed on the trophy stating the circumstances it was won in.
    Why? I get the circumstances are unique and different; but the FCS champ next year will be the champ. Are you delegitimizing the other sports champions in pro and college as well?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Yes play is full of a fall schedule as you can with the full roster. Screw the playoffs and go to a bowl game.

[QUOTE=Bison03;1448955]Why? I get the circumstances are unique and different; but the FCS champ next year will be the champ. Are you delegitimizing the other sports champions in pro and college as well?[/QUOT

MLB season and playoffs.....definitely asterisk worthy; NBA playoffs....are they still playing? whatever , definitely asterisk worthy...….NHL ……...meh......don't care. The NFL, if it makes it thru their regular season, playoffs, and Super Bowl...….the Super Bowl winner is a definite legitimate champion. Since we don't know if ALL of the P5 conferences are going to play a season (PAC 10 ??), their playoff system may be flawed also since some very good teams are left out of the pool. I hope the PAC 10 reverses its decision.
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 09-17-2020 at 11:00 PM. Reason: fix post