Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Correct, SD. I hope he is still working on something......I will say, Entz did seem to take some credit for this one game happening which I found odd.....
    Well if you listened to ML after Entz was on 1660 yesterday I and others sent in a e-mail asking if more games being worked on. ML flat out said no......in so many words said one game was good enough Did later say might consider another game if a team came begging, but didn't sound good. Apparently NDSU doesn't want to put any more effort into it. Sad when the players will put in a preseason of workouts for just one game. Also no tailgate was emphasized as these so called leaders decide what people can and can't do. Not sure about campgrounds in North Dakota, but the ones in South Dakota have been packed all summer. Sioux Falls is still having the Sioux Empire Fair. But then ML and the mucky mucks at NDSU sure know how to cancel most everything.

Definitely time for a new AD, ML doesn't seem to want to do the job, when the going got tough he bailed. That's not a great message to send to our sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Definitely time for a new AD, ML doesn't seem to want to do the job, when the going got tough he bailed. That's not a great message to send to our sports teams.
    Sure, good luck with that........I think he has nuzzled his way into good terms with all the internal politics.......and doesn't take any chances to lead, just hangs onto prior successes and lays low.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I disagree and the message is why our sports teams (NDSU) are so successful. Good job ML during these terrible times.

Listening to both Matt’s yesterday. It sounds like being able to have full practice and having 8 hours more per week practice was a huge deal. They were going to have practice then a spring game like scrimmage. So being able to play a real game is huge. Hope we can get a couple more, but would not expect it before october 3rd.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Listening to both Matt’s yesterday. It sounds like being able to have full practice and having 8 hours more per week practice was a huge deal. They were going to have practice then a spring game like scrimmage. So being able to play a real game is huge. Hope we can get a couple more, but would not expect it before october 3rd.
    Jacksonville State might be back on the table if they agree to a 2-1 (which I'm guessing is what ML's offer was.) They wanted a H&H.

Saw on the D2 board that North Alabama was also interested in a game with NDSU... so ML might be sitting back and waiting to see who bites first.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Jacksonville State might be back on the table if they agree to a 2-1 (which I'm guessing is what ML's offer was.) They wanted a H&H.

Saw on the D2 board that North Alabama was also interested in a game with NDSU... so ML might be sitting back and waiting to see who bites first.
    I hope he doesn't wait too long. Looking at who is trying to play this fall, it seems like those would be quality games to have scheduled.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I hope he doesn't wait too long. Looking at who is trying to play this fall, it seems like those would be quality games to have scheduled.
    Well, I wouldn't be a big fan of home and homes with OVC teams when one of the games is a money-loser because it happens during The Plague Year.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, I wouldn't be a big fan of home and homes with OVC teams when one of the games is a money-loser because it happens during The Plague Year.
    Talk about a lose/lose. Lose money on the home game this year because of restricted capacity plus expedited testing costs, then lose more money for travel+hotels on the return away game. A 2-1 with a reduced payout for this year(like the UCA deal) is the only way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Talk about a lose/lose. Lose money on the home game this year because of restricted capacity plus expedited testing costs, then lose more money for travel+hotels on the return away game. A 2-1 with a reduced payout for this year(like the UCA deal) is the only way to make it work.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.