Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    We better start worrying about basketball season too.
    Play in a bubble like the NBA (that I will never watch) in Sioux Falls or Fargo. Put all the team up there. Probably no fans but at least we would have a season and can watch on tv.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Call me crazy, but if our strategy is to sacrifice 1 to 2 million lives in pursuit of herd immunity, we better be damn sure that getting COVID-19 gives lasting immunity first. And, even then, it seems like a bad trade when wearing masks, social distancing, and dealing with flare-ups has been proven to work.
    I don't think anyone's strategy is to sacrifice a certain number of lives. I just think heard immunity or the virus burning out is closer than we think. In football terms we're midway through the 4th quarter of this thing. I'm front line medical, I believe I've seen patients with this since late January, I got it, thought I may die but I'm back at it. Good news my wife or kids never had a wiff of a symptom. Its a wierd disease but were getting better at treating it and understanding it. We need to protect the elderly and otherwise vulnerable but we're darn close to effective herd immunity and thats a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    I don't think anyone's strategy is to sacrifice a certain number of lives. I just think heard immunity or the virus burning out is closer than we think. In football terms we're midway through the 4th quarter of this thing. I'm front line medical, I believe I've seen patients with this since late January, I got it, thought I may die but I'm back at it. Good news my wife or kids never had a wiff of a symptom. Its a wierd disease but were getting better at treating it and understanding it. We need to protect the elderly and otherwise vulnerable but we're darn close to effective herd immunity and thats a positive.
    I sure hope that you are right, but I was hoping that the virus would go away in the summer like the flu too.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Herd immunity much more of a savior than a vaccine. They may never play again if a vaccine is looked at as the only way things are "safe" enough.
    Yep.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    70+% of the population would have to recover from the virus for herd immunity to take effect. That is projected to take years.
    Especially if they keep recommending that healthy folks hide under their bed

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Call me crazy, but if our strategy is to sacrifice 1 to 2 million lives in pursuit of herd immunity, we better be damn sure that getting COVID-19 gives lasting immunity first. And, even then, it seems like a bad trade when wearing masks, social distancing, and dealing with flare-ups has been proven to work.
    Really? We all know viruses mutate so we will be chasing our tail forever. TIME TO MOVE ON!

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Really? We all know viruses mutate so we will be chasing our tail forever. TIME TO MOVE ON!

Wait, how are you posting in this forum after all your political stuff.... lemme check on that.

Polio is a virus. Smallpox is a virus. We're not chasing our tails on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    All hail Kevin, you have roused the angry elf from his slumber. Woe to all that cross his path.
    Kevin.... more like Karen

sooooo 2020 season thread
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Kevin.... more like Karen

sooooo 2020 season thread

What 2020 season?

Next Season Up, I guess. I'm too numb to cry.