Page 36 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    13 NDSU athletes test positive. How is the season looking?
    That’s really not helpful. So far no staff testing positive though eh? Going to get scary when one of them comes up positive and brings it home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That’s really not helpful. So far no staff testing positive though eh? Going to get scary when one of them comes up positive and brings it home.

Honestly if I'm an athlete or really anyone walking around this planet the best news I could get on this is that I got a positive test without experiencing symptoms.

Ideally the entire team would have tested positive today with none of them having symptoms. Go sit home for two weeks, and let's roll come August.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Honestly if I'm an athlete or really anyone walking around this planet the best news I could get on this is that I got a positive test without experiencing symptoms.

Ideally the entire team would have tested positive today with none of them having symptoms. Go sit home for two weeks, and let's roll come August.
    On the face of it I would normally agree wholeheartedly. But inherent in your assertion is the assumption that contraction and recovery confers immunity for some extended period of time. I believe this is not yet known unless there has been a study conclusion that I have missed.

Further as I alluded to in response to roadwarrior it’s one thing for superior athletes in the prime of their condition to get an illness but quite another for one of the staff, and potentially their families. Sooner or later someone is going to end up in the hospital. Everything is going to hit a hard stop on that day IMHO.

Don't believe everything you think.

I tend to agree in theory but there are cases of people testing positive 2-3 times over the course of months, so getting it once doesn't mean not getting it again in some cases.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
    you still have to make those calls to know this and that's what folks are concerned about.
    What makes you and other so sure that those calls HAVEN'T been made? These calls need to be private.
    Insert something clever here...

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We still don't know if there are any long term effects.
    FWIW there was a story, out of FL, that 2/3rds of asymptomatic patients had lung damage on scans of the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    One thing is certain...…...if there isn't a 2020 football season, the pandemic of Bison Fatigue will be cured for the 2021 season.

I have been thinking the same thing for the last 3 weeks. The very faint silver lining for NDSU is that if there are no games this year, people should be really ready to fill the Fargodome to the max in 2021, especially with a good looking game against Albany in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    We still don't know if there are any long term effects.
    FWIW there was a story, out of FL, that 2/3rds of asymptomatic patients had lung damage on scans of the chest.
    There is also anecdotal evidence that you can get COVID-19 more than once and the second time can be worse.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ty/5429012002/

We just don't know that much yet.

Except for the long-term consequences that we don't know about yet and we also don't know if you get immunity from future infections.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    13 NDSU athletes test positive. How is the season looking?
    Just fine, some players alread got it before that and looks like the corona parties are working, get it out of the way in july, smart.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?