Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That was the one thing I kept coming back to. Not wanting to deal with people publicly complaining when they see the large group of players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    It's more likely a matter of controlling group size. It's pretty simple for the staff to set a max capacity for the weight room and other indoor spaces and easily enforce it. Much more difficult to do outside unless you plan to park an employee in a chair on the field, just sitting there and watching. The department can also easily control access to the indoor facilities to keep non-approved people out; can't easily do that for the outside facilities. In other words, it's all about controlling access.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NFL Draft Diamonds story about Carson Schoening https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/202...son-schoening/

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    It's more likely a matter of controlling group size. It's pretty simple for the staff to set a max capacity for the weight room and other indoor spaces and easily enforce it. Much more difficult to do outside unless you plan to park an employee in a chair on the field, just sitting there and watching. The department can also easily control access to the indoor facilities to keep non-approved people out; can't easily do that for the outside facilities. In other words, it's all about controlling access.
    That makes a lot of sense thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

https://www.startribune.com/pandemic...ate/570860762/

“What if North Dakota State, the reigning Football Championship Subdivision defending champion and perennial powerhouse at that level, can’t play its scheduled game at Oregon on Sept 5? What if the Gophers can’t open their season as currently scheduled against Florida Atlantic that week?”

Kolpack wrote: “If the pandemic reaches the point where both teams have their schedules altered to conference games only, make it a true home-and-home.”

“This might come as a surprise, but North Dakota and the Gophers have played three times, with the Bison winning twice.”

I must have missed this in the Forum but that’s where it started …

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...ootball-Plan-B

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.startribune.com/pandemic...ate/570860762/

“What if North Dakota State, the reigning Football Championship Subdivision defending champion and perennial powerhouse at that level, can’t play its scheduled game at Oregon on Sept 5? What if the Gophers can’t open their season as currently scheduled against Florida Atlantic that week?”

Kolpack wrote: “If the pandemic reaches the point where both teams have their schedules altered to conference games only, make it a true home-and-home.”

“This might come as a surprise, but North Dakota and the Gophers have played three times, with the Bison winning twice.”

I must have missed this in the Forum but that’s where it started …

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...ootball-Plan-B
    Did Kolpack really refer to them as “North Dakota” sans “State” in that last sentence? Shame...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Did Kolpack really refer to them as “North Dakota” sans “State” in that last sentence? Shame...
    No, that's Sinker. He's not local so you have to expect the non-local perspective.

No, that's Sinker. He's not local so you have to expect the non-local perspective.
    Ah got it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

It's also not technically true. The two schools have played many more times than just three, it's just that all the other games happened in the early 1900s. He should have added a 'in recent memory' or 'in the 21st century' to that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    It's also not technically true. The two schools have played many more times than just three, it's just that all the other games happened in the early 1900s. He should have added a 'in recent memory' or 'in the 21st century' to that statement.
    Yes, I agree. Way back in the day …

I can see how it annoys people, especially Bison fans, but the ESPN announcers make the same mistake every year. They just correct themselves in real time. Since it keeps happening over and over, I’ve just decided to take it as a complement. In these people’s minds, the state of ND is represented by a truly exceptional D1 football program called the Bison.

Florida Atlantic was decent last year, no? I wonder if they give the Gophers a game. FWIW, I fully expect the Oregon game to happen.

What Jeff is proposing would be really cool, though, so who knows. They have to want a rematch I would think …

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe he started at the GF Herald. Could have been trolling.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.