Page 81 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    In all honesty, it appears you want Covid to ultimately win.
    What does this asinine statement even mean?

You know what I want? I want a full football season. I want to be able to see NDSU raise another banner next fall. Because of these desires, I therefore want the NCAA to take this seriously so that a COVID outbreak doesn’t ruin the season. And I’m pissed that they didn’t take it seriously in the first place and they got the NDSU/Oregon game canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

You know what I want? I want a full football season. I want to be able to see NDSU raise another banner next fall. Because of these desires, I therefore want the NCAA to take this seriously so that a COVID outbreak doesn’t ruin the season. And I’m pissed that they didn’t take it seriously in the first place and they got the NDSU/Oregon game canceled.
    If everyone had quarantined for real, ALL viruses would be done by now, and we would be playing Oregon for certain.

Unfortunately no one took it seriously like i told everyone i did.

But i did sneak out and get graham crackers and some milk... [emoji4]

#badboy4life

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Apologies. After re-reading, I noticed my original read was completely backwards. As if you somehow wanted rogue conferences to fail to prove a point. I’d like to use my ‘late night early morning’ card on that one. Once again, apologies for my misinterpretation and not re-reading before posting.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Lets schedule some dam games today!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Lets schedule some dam games today!!!
    Looks like Nebraska is out. The chancellor stated today they want to continue to be part of the Big 10...so rather than incur the wrath of the other schools, i would guess they will step back.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Looks like Nebraska is out. The chancellor stated today they want to continue to be part of the Big 10...so rather than incur the wrath of the other schools, i would guess they will step back.
    They should have just gone back to the Big 12.

This the death of the NCAA anyway, so it doesn't really matter. By this time next year the P5 will have their own semi-pro league.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Genuinely insane how "hey we should take action to stop the list of 165k dead fellow americans from growing" is being spun as "rooting for the virus".

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post

No shit. Nebraska the institution is lucky that their delusional fanbase is not allowed to make decisions and they are doubly lucky that just when they threw a tantrum about the reality of college sports in the Big 12 it happened to be when Jim Delaney was converting the Big 10 from a college conference to a media company. If he hadn't bailed them out of that jam they'd have probably launched a "Husker Sports Network" that nobody subscribed to outside of their not-very-populated state.

They think of themselves as Texas or Notre Dame and in a way they are right. Recruits cannot remember a time when those schools mattered much in football. But they are wrong about the national draw and brand of Nebraska. Notre Dame and Texas have multiples the eyeballs on them than the Huskers. Their tantrums have gotten embarrassing, and actually closely resemble the MN fans of the 70s and 80s who insisted in the face of all evidence that their program was at the level it hadn't been at for 1 or 2 decades.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    No shit. Nebraska the institution is lucky that their delusional fanbase is not allowed to make decisions and they are doubly lucky that just when they threw a tantrum about the reality of college sports in the Big 12 it happened to be when Jim Delaney was converting the Big 10 from a college conference to a media company. If he hadn't bailed them out of that jam they'd have probably launched a "Husker Sports Network" that nobody subscribed to outside of their not-very-populated state.

They think of themselves as Texas or Notre Dame and in a way they are right. Recruits cannot remember a time when those schools mattered much in football. But they are wrong about the national draw and brand of Nebraska. Notre Dame and Texas have multiples the eyeballs on them than the Huskers. Their tantrums have gotten embarrassing, and actually closely resemble the MN fans of the 70s and 80s who insisted in the face of all evidence that their program was at the level it hadn't been at for 1 or 2 decades.
    Well, Nebraska is out so that likely dooms us for an FBS game. UCA is pushing ahead and looking for games so it's probably safe to say we are talking with them. They have a nice program and would make for an an excellent FCS opponent at home. I know they have a game with Arkansas State on the books so if there is football , they will play. Anybody have a list of what FCS programs are still planning on playing?

the SEC, Big 12, ACC, AAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA are planning to play a fall season.

^^^^ STILL THESE GUYS LEFT ^^^
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?