Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yes it does. They are spending money testing everyone multiple times. Colleges would never be able to afford to do that alone. Traveling for you is a choice that's why, jeezes this is not hard to understand.
    Nick Saban says his players have been testing
    Multiple times/week. I am not saying there are no risks with traveling. Players have that choice as well. They can opt to play knowing the schedule and places they will be attending. If that’s an issue, they can choose to sit out.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Nick Saban says his players have been testing
    Multiple times/week. I am not saying there are no risks with traveling. Players have that choice as well. They can opt to play knowing the schedule and places they will be attending. If that’s an issue, they can choose to sit out.
    Yeah, the NCAA really showed how worthless they are in all of this.

If there was specific guidance about testing and consistent scholarship/eligibility protections for players who sit out or are forced to quarantine I think we'd have a season. At this point the NCAA has shown what we've already known, that they are a rent-seeking racket and nothing more.

I think one thing to consider is if a school goes ahead on football don't they have to go ahead (with all the same safety measures) for all other fall sports? With empty stadiums causing a big decrease in revenue, those costs add up quick.

Big 12 just announced they are sticking with Fall sports.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are people/businesses/institutions liable for the flu virus? Pneumonia? And how does one actually 100% prove where an infected individual contracted the virus? And why are open college campuses for academic students being allowed if the fear of lawsuits is what shuts down football? Or can only the student athlete seek legal action?

I recently heard a remark on the radio, and have no factual evidence, there is state/federal legislation being introduced to protect from Covid lawsuits (if health guidelines are being followed).
    Not sure how it applies to CFB, but states are making the decision whether or not to call an occurrence of Covid work related regardless of the employee's outside activities. At this point I believe two states, California and Illinois, have moved in that direction basically saying, if you have been going to work and come down with Covid, it is presumptive you got it at work and subject to workers' compensation. So the liability issue has yet to be worked out. Imagine a suit by a sure fire first round NFL pick who got Covid and ended up with a condition after the fact that prevents them from playing in the pros.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    I think one thing to consider is if a school goes ahead on football don't they have to go ahead (with all the same safety measures) for all other fall sports? With empty stadiums causing a big decrease in revenue, those costs add up quick.
    Good question...what are the title IX considerations?

Big 12 just announced they are sticking with Fall sports.
    HELL YEA NDSU 3 BIG 12 OOC games. lets go!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Not sure how it applies to CFB, but states are making the decision whether or not to call an occurrence of Covid work related regardless of the employee's outside activities. At this point I believe two states, California and Illinois, have moved in that direction basically saying, if you have been going to work and come down with Covid, it is presumptive you got it at work and subject to workers' compensation. So the liability issue has yet to be worked out. Imagine a suit by a sure fire first round NFL pick who got Covid and ended up with a condition after the fact that prevents them from playing in the pros.
    Could be why Disneyworld is open while Disneyland is not. Want to swap governors?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are people/businesses/institutions liable for the flu virus? Pneumonia? And how does one actually 100% prove where an infected individual contracted the virus? And why are open college campuses for academic students being allowed if the fear of lawsuits is what shuts down football? Or can only the student athlete seek legal action?

I recently heard a remark on the radio, and have no factual evidence, there is state/federal legislation being introduced to protect from Covid lawsuits (if health guidelines are being followed).
    I believe the fear of lawsuits applies to the general campus as well which is why there is hesitancy. Colleges need students, students feel they should be safe for the amount of money they are spending.

It will be tough to prove for the student but your kidding yourself if you don’t think lawsuits are going to happen. It’s the f’d up world we live in. I likely agree with you but it’s our current reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I believe the fear of lawsuits applies to the general campus as well which is why there is hesitancy. Colleges need students, students feel they should be safe for the amount of money they are spending.

It will be tough to prove for the student but your kidding yourself if you don’t think lawsuits are going to happen. It’s the f’d up world we live in. I likely agree with you but it’s our current reality.
    Which is why I brought up the legitimacy of the covid liability legislation I heard this morning and if anyone has heard of this. To my knowledge, people are unable to seek liability for flu deaths. But Covid lawsuits are a “go”?