Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its 8/12/20 8am.

Whats the ODDS NDSU plays games this fall?

5%
    25%
    50%
    Less than 0%
    Optimistically, 5%. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    So money makes things safer in regards to the NFL. And if traveling is sooooooo dangerous, why aren’t airlines shut down? We can go round and round with this.
    I was just going to ask this. I took a flight recently and it was no big deal other than the airports were a lot quieter and they left open seats on the plane. There are hundreds, if not thousands of flights every day so I don't see why that's a big deal.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    You should know with your sources and all, NDSU has reached out to basically everyone that wants to potentially play football. Ball’s in their court now. Bison will play 3 fall games against anyone that will step up.
    Teams have stepped up and offered NDSU a game but NDSU didn't like the price. The "going rate" is going to drop significantly when the teams hosting can't collect ticket revenue. Maybe the new market rate starts adjusting as more teams drop out, maybe it doesn't.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I was just going to ask this. I took a flight recently and it was no big deal other than the airports were a lot quieter and they left open seats on the plane. There are hundreds, if not thousands of flights every day so I don't see why that's a big deal.
    Exactly. My buddy and his family roundtrip flew late July-early August from Cali to NY. He said all 6 flights were 85-95% full.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find it ironic that it is safe enough to play high school football (in most states) and the NFL, but not college football. I wonder why college is considered more dangerous with all of the safety and testing measures in place.
    The question that we should be asking is how high school leaders can say it’s safe for student athletes to play football and practice everyday but not for all students to attend class full time.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly. My buddy and his family roundtrip flew late July-early August from Cali to NY. He said all 6 flights were 85-95% full.
    It’s liability. If your buddy or his family got sick and heaven for bid one past away, they weren’t getting sued. Liability for safety is driving this in the rare instance one athlete gets it and passes away. Few colleges/states in the country can afford or want to settle a multi million dollar lawsuit.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    It’s liability. If your buddy or his family got sick and heaven for bid one past away, they weren’t getting sued. Liability for safety is driving this in the rare instance one athlete gets it and passes away. Few colleges/states in the country can afford or want to settle a multi million dollar lawsuit.
    Are people/businesses/institutions liable for the flu virus? Pneumonia? And how does one actually 100% prove where an infected individual contracted the virus? And why are open college campuses for academic students being allowed if the fear of lawsuits is what shuts down football? Or can only the student athlete seek legal action?

I recently heard a remark on the radio, and have no factual evidence, there is state/federal legislation being introduced to protect from Covid lawsuits (if health guidelines are being followed).
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

So money makes things safer in regards to the NFL. And if traveling is sooooooo dangerous, why aren’t airlines shut down? We can go round and round with this.
    Yes it does. They are spending money testing everyone multiple times. Colleges would never be able to afford to do that alone. Traveling for you is a choice that's why, jeezes this is not hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its 8/12/20 8am.

Whats the ODDS NDSU plays games this fall?

5%
    25%
    50%
    Less than 0%
    Less than 0%!

There won't be any college FB this fall. The SEC, B12 and ACC are just kicking the can down the road still. It's a fricking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    But they'd never be able to prove where or how he contracted it.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."