Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Uh, I'll bite: a global pandemic that's killed 110,000+ Americans in the last couple of months?
    I do the distancing guidelines because I'm not a dick, but if we're being honest 7/8ths of the people who die are at deaths door anyhow. Stiff breeze would finish off 75 year olds with 3 co morbidities.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I do the distancing guidelines because I'm not a dick, but if we're being honest 7/8ths of the people who die are at deaths door anyhow. Stiff breeze would finish off 75 year olds with 3 co morbidities.
    You may want to double check the bit about not being a dick.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You may want to double check the bit about not being a dick.
    The truth hurts your gentle soul?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Take some personal responsibility folks. If your an at risk persons or frequent with one then please continue to self isolate. If your not in the above category then you need to self determine what your acceptable level of risk is and act accordingly. If Bisonaudit is uncomfortable attending a game then great, stay home. However that shouldn't stop lakes or whoever from taking his family to a game if he wants to. I'm tired of all the busy bodies on here.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    For real, lets take an inventory of TOTAL FCS teams who have at least enough commitment from their admin where they dont want their football team to be an embarrassment to their school:

NDSU
    Montana
    Montana State
    EWU
    SDSU
    JMU
    USD
    UND (as much as I laugh at them, they clearly want to be not embarrassing where as 97% of the FCS is 100% cool with playing in highschool stadiums)
    Delaware
    ISUr i guess? they have put alot of cash into their stadium in the last 4-5 years but i feel thats lipstick on a pig. maybe i'm wrong

Who else makes this list? Who am I forgetting? What are the other schools who financially prioritize their football program at a level that is far and away better than D2?

I really dont think UNI makes this list. They have shown precisely zero commitment to facility improvements outside of the water stained field for nearly 20 years. They seem completely comfortable ignoring the football program until farley passes away from old age.
    Have to include Delaware, #cocky, ISUr, UNI and NH at a minimum. Those schools prioritize football but just don't have the $$$ to do what needs to be done. 10 years ago McNeese and Nova were absolutely on that list as well. McNeese totally fell off the wagon with some admin changes and Nova tripled down on hoops and the Big East and were rewarded with a couple Natty's for their efforts.

Caught a video of the team heading into campus for workouts last week.

https://youtu.be/rpwqtxfCiPM

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    The truth hurts your gentle soul?
    No, I’m completely comfortable with the notion that you are a dick.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 06-16-2020 at 02:25 AM.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Caught a video of the team heading into campus for workouts last week.

https://youtu.be/rpwqtxfCiPM

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Looking at the direction they're coming from I'd say that's looking towards the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Take some personal responsibility folks. If your an at risk persons or frequent with one then please continue to self isolate. If your not in the above category then you need to self determine what your acceptable level of risk is and act accordingly. If Bisonaudit is uncomfortable attending a game then great, stay home. However that shouldn't stop lakes or whoever from taking his family to a game if he wants to. I'm tired of all the busy bodies on here.
    Yeah, that’s not how things work when you’re dealing with a highly contagious pathogen.

One of the last things I did before the lockdown was attend a Spring Training game in Phoenix the first week of March. I don’t anticipate attending another major sporting event until we have a proven therapy and or vaccine widely available. I know 4 people who’ve had this now. All recovered, knock wood, with out apparent major complications, but we don’t know much about potential long-term implications. So, yeah, I don’t feel the need to put myself or anyone in my circle at added risk for the sake of a tiny incremental gain to my own entertainment.

NDSU Practice fields freshly painted and ready to roll
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?