Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

111 fcs teams need 56 teams.

if Pioneer bails, we down to 58 haha. (but does JMU count? )

Play Football in Fall Period in my opinion... if you can make it work... if there is no NCAA Championships, big deal, just have a Bowl Series!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Play Football in Fall Period in my opinion... if you can make it work... if there is no NCAA Championships, big deal, just have a Bowl Series!
    I don't think it's teams, it's conferences. And do the conferences that do not participate in the playoffs count in that 50%????

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Exactly this. If at all possible get the season in and if things haven't gotten better by the end of November then either hold the championship game in Frisco with the top two teams or just call it good and let the media vote for a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I don't think it's teams, it's conferences. And do the conferences that do not participate in the playoffs count in that 50%????
    Yes I am quoting myself. So I read a little closer and realize it is TEAMS. "If 50% or more of eligible teams in a particular sport in a division cancel their fall season, there will be no fall NCAA championship in that sport in that division. "

I would guess "eligible" includes all those teams from conferences that don't participate in the playoffs but ????

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Yes I am quoting myself. So I read a little closer and realize it is TEAMS. "If 50% or more of eligible teams in a particular sport in a division cancel their fall season, there will be no fall NCAA championship in that sport in that division. "

I would guess "eligible" includes all those teams from conferences that don't participate in the playoffs but ????
    Great news! Only need 3 teams for the men's ice hockey championship!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Teams deciding not to play right now will make the decision for the board. Below 50% of playoff eligible teams opting out means no fall fcs championship. Sadly, I think this reality is coming. Hope a spring season is in the works.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Teams deciding not to play right now will make the decision for the board. Below 50% of playoff eligible teams opting out means no fall fcs championship. Sadly, I think this reality is coming. Hope a spring season is in the works.
    Not much headroom for more teams to drop out with pioneer and caa already called off.

Still not sure how a playoff is even possible in this environment, what if a team has an outbreak during it? Are they just done? Would be a complete sham if that was the case.

Maybe we have a vaccine by the spring and if so it would make things a lot simplier. That said, maybe we don't but the FCS is a complete tire fire when it comes to being on the same page with this thing right now. It is a complete joke.

If people really want to try fall football, I would move to a conference schedule only if I was the MVFC and try to copy the Big 10's plan. It is the best I've seen, maybe we could have a conference title game if there is no playoff and then some kind of bowl game. I don't know, it is just a mess and they keep kicking the can down the road instead of making a decision.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

It’s all a slow procession to no playoffs. Probably doesn’t matter anyways, what happens when UNI gets 5 positive tests the week before we play them? We’ll be lucky to get three games in this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Still not sure how a playoff is even possible in this environment, what if a team has an outbreak during it? Are they just done? Would be a complete sham if that was the case.

Maybe we have a vaccine by the spring and if so it would make things a lot simplier. That said, maybe we don't but the FCS is a complete tire fire when it comes to being on the same page with this thing right now. It is a complete joke.

If people really want to try fall football, I would move to a conference schedule only if I was the MVFC and try to copy the Big 10's plan. It is the best I've seen.
    well that's fine. Conference ONLY FCS. top 8 teams into Playoffs in December. 4 games , 2 games Frisco.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?