Page 49 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Guess our so called leaders at NDSU can't speak for themselves?
    Why would the AD say he talked to a Major school that didn't want to play us this year? It would only hurt our chances of ever playing them if he made a statement like that.....hey, we talked to Clemson, and they said they are scared of us..people on this board are so out of touch with how things work, it's insane. I guess if you were the AD we'd have Alabama, Notre Dame, Auburn, and Ohio St. on the schedule this year....idiots

Guess our so called leaders at NDSU can't speak for themselves?
    SD, got to agree with others on this. No way they can talk about it publicly right now.

Makes sense to me for the MVFC to wait until the NCAA makes a decision about championships.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Why would the AD say he talked to a Major school that didn't want to play us this year? It would only hurt our chances of ever playing them if he made a statement like that.....hey, we talked to Clemson, and they said they are scared of us..people on this board are so out of touch with how things work, it's insane. I guess if you were the AD we'd have Alabama, Notre Dame, Auburn, and Ohio St. on the schedule this year....idiots
    They can make general statements and not name names.........settle down buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I appreciate your passion for NDSU, but for fuck's sake, use your brain.
    Why would a major FBS school want to pay NDSU money to play them? There is a decent chance they will lose....how is this so fucking hard for you to understand? I don't get it....Am I missing something? I really don't think it's rocket science here.
    Please, if I am not getting this, let me know where I'm wrong. Big schools need wins in order to make Bowl games. Losing to an FCS school hurts those chances extremely. NDSU is better than most FBS schools, so your chances of losing are kind of high. Why pay them to come play you?
    Is strength of schedule considered for the rankings used to pick the 4 playoff teams? If it is then why wouldn't a major fbs school want to schedule NDSU?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    SD, got to agree with others on this. No way they can talk about it publicly right now.
    They can still say we are actively trying to fill some of the non conference games and will see if the conference decision impacts any of the ongoing efforts. Why not let your fans and team makers know? And to wait until everything is decided could result in no choices being left if a full season can be played.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Is strength of schedule considered for the rankings used to pick the 4 playoff teams? If it is then why wouldn't a major fbs school want to schedule NDSU?

Because even after all NDSU has done they don't count for shit for a lot of people in considering strength of schedule. Yes, even a lot of "knowledgeable football people".

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sounds like everyone is in a holding pattern until the big conferences decide what they are going to do in regards to playing football, playing just within conference or having non-conference games as well.
    Seems I heard of several games being filled in DI football after some conferences cancelled non conference games. Just seems wrong to not let fans and team makers know who invested money for a full season that efforts are being made. Guess my vocation as a project manager leads me to such comments. You try to mitigate issues, work on contingency plans and keep your stakeholders informed on status, especially when things are not going right. Don't give up all the details, but at least provide a general update.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

The opponents of the other teams opponents are considered when ranking for playoffs...I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume NDSU's opponents don't rank very high. Also, if you're using common sense, NDSU is still not considered a "tough" opponent for Big schools when it comes to rankings....if you play, say Penn Sate and beat them, it's much better than playing NDSU and beating them....this is common sense
    Also, like I said...fairly decent chance they might lose...sooooo....yea. Losses are bad I think when it comes to choosing the FBS playoff teams?

They can make general statements and not name names.........settle down buddy.
    That's what they did... by leaking it through the official radio station.