Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How Football could start this Fall

Default Re: How Football could start this Fall

Road will be allowed to attend games.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    What will happen to RoadWarrior's streak of consecutive games attended if fans aren't allowed at a game?
    I’ve thought of this too. Put him in a bubble

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I was just on a foxtv video conference for upcoming NFL season.
    They are going over every conceivable situation and NEED to have a season start Sept 1.
    Select Family/Fans allowed into stadium.... Every other Section, Every other row for seating.
    NO Fans, and just pipe in crowd noise?
    Carson Wentz said he's played in front of 1000 fans in college at a couple places (ISU? WIU?) and that it wouldn't affect them at all.

SO its' gonna happen, just HOW. College will probably listen and maybe copy NFL

I've heard lots about using every other seat, but this is the first i've heard about using every other row.

If you are trying to maintain physical distance, it seems that you need to use every other seat and every other row!

Personally, I would hate to go to a game with only a fraction of our group being together.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Using the 6 foot guideline, wouldn't you need at least 2 seats and two rows between fans?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Using the 6 foot guideline, wouldn't you need at least 2 seats and two rows between fans?
    Movie theaters that are opening are generally using the standard of two or three seats between parties(ex. a group of 4 that comes in together can sit together) and leaving every other row empty. You can also do the seating within the rows in a staggered arrangement to get a few feet extra feet between groups.

That being said, I think sporting events should be full capacity or none. There's no point in limited capacity. The virus travels most easily in droplets of saliva and other exhalation products. So when you're at a sporting event, what do you do? You yell, scream, and cheer. That's likely producing 2x, 5x?, 10x? more droplets than just sitting and watching a movie. Even just talking(which you are much more likely to do at a sporting event than a movie) greatly increases the amount of virus particles a contagious person spreads. So I think the standard 6ft separation is useless at a sporting event. (There's an argument that an outdoor event is safer as any virus is dispersed more quickly by the wind, but that's not predictable before the game.)

So I'd say: 1. Safety be damned; pack them in and youse takes yo chances; 2. Max capacity, but everyone needs a recent negative test - very unrealistic; 3. Play the game with no fans; or 4. Max safety - don't play the game at all.

Plus, how the hell do you deal with assigned seats? Who gets in and who is left out? How do you assign seats without knowing who is together in groups and how many there will be? Unless you do everything GA, it's a logistical nightmare. And even with GA seating, you've got thousands clumping up and breathing heavily climbing stairs to find seats. At that point, you might as well just do regular capacity and leave it up to the ticket holders whether they want to chance it or not.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am going to invest in a full body condom.
    Insert something clever here...

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I am going to invest in a full body condom.
    I can loan you a few. That's my standard size.

So, is there going to be a Bison Football season? Will is start on time and will games all be played??

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    So, is there going to be a Bison Football season? Will is start on time and will games all be played??
    I think so. Oregon will probably bitch out because their mommy won't let them play so there's a good chance we get an extra week off.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

^ thanks for a fast reply. I tried to find a solid answer if the FCS was going to have a season but no article I read said there will be a season.
    Another week off will be beneficial in the whole picture thou.