Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Football could start this Fall

Default Re: How Football could start this Fall

I was just on a foxtv video conference for upcoming NFL season.
    They are going over every conceivable situation and NEED to have a season start Sept 1.
    Select Family/Fans allowed into stadium.... Every other Section, Every other row for seating.
    NO Fans, and just pipe in crowd noise?
    Carson Wentz said he's played in front of 1000 fans in college at a couple places (ISU? WIU?) and that it wouldn't affect them at all.

SO its' gonna happen, just HOW. College will probably listen and maybe copy NFL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    They are going over every conceivable situation and NEED to have a season start Sept 1.
    Select Family/Fans allowed into stadium.... Every other Section, Every other row for seating.
    Carson Wentz said he's played in front of 1000 fans in college at a couple places (ISU? WIU?) and that it wouldn't affect them at all.

How do they handle when one or two players from a team test positive the day before a game? Does the team quarantine, are those players out 14 days? Is the game a forfeit?

You are dealing with a union of players so will all of them be on board? Based on likely hood what happens when one player gets critically hospitalized or loses their life, how do things change?

I go back and forth when I hear these questions. I so want there to be a season but owners or college presidents/ADs have a lot to figure out.

I sent this to Helena.
    If we can’t have fans, I want to do this for my seats

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1...239124481?s=21
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    How do they handle when one or two players from a team test positive the day before a game? Does the team quarantine, are those players out 14 days? Is the game a forfeit?

You are dealing with a union of players so will all of them be on board? Based on likely hood what happens when one player gets critically hospitalized or loses their life, how do things change?

I go back and forth when I hear these questions. I so want there to be a season but owners or college presidents/ADs have a lot to figure out.
    Yep. Everyone has an answer for how testing will go, I have yet to hear someone explain what will happen when one of these THOUSANDS of weekly tests (that currently have a considerable false positive rate) comes back positive. Shut down the entire league? Cancel games and quarantine an entire team for 2 weeks? What happens to players who have compromised immune systems? Obese players? As soon as a player is excluded or loses their life, the lawsuits will start.

I could see something like a small 3 on 3 league that was completely compartmentalized. There is no way any pro sports league could pull off anything even resembling a regular season the way things currently sit. As far as FCS football lol, many schools can’t afford to run their programs effectively during normal times. You think they’re going to shell out a bunch of cash for testing/virus protection? Oh and they lose all ticket revenue? Oh and they’re losing the majority of state funding? Good luck!

I hate it as much or more than anyone, but barring some miracle I don’t see NCAA sports back for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yep. Everyone has an answer for how testing will go, I have yet to hear someone explain what will happen when one of these THOUSANDS of weekly tests (that currently have a considerable false positive rate) comes back positive. Shut down the entire league? Cancel games and quarantine an entire team for 2 weeks? What happens to players who have compromised immune systems? Obese players? As soon as a player is excluded or loses their life, the lawsuits will start.

I could see something like a small 3 on 3 league that was completely compartmentalized. There is no way any pro sports league could pull off anything even resembling a regular season the way things currently sit. As far as FCS football lol, many schools can’t afford to run their programs effectively during normal times. You think they’re going to shell out a bunch of cash for testing/virus protection? Oh and they lose all ticket revenue? Oh and they’re losing the majority of state funding? Good luck!

I hate it as much or more than anyone, but barring some miracle I don’t see NCAA sports back for a long time.
    Just gonna have to take it month by month. Today vs 30 days ago is a world of difference. Today vs 30-60-90-120 days from now will be vastly different.

I expect a delay but the powers will do all that it can to have a season.

Teams should have some kind of lottery/drawing to pick 1,000 fans at random who can attend the game.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Teams should have some kind of lottery/drawing to pick 1,000 fans at random who can attend the game.
    What happens when UND can't come up with 1,000 people that want to put their name in that hat?

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What happens when UND can't come up with 1,000 people that want to put their name in that hat?

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Just gonna have to take it month by month. Today vs 30 days ago is a world of difference. Today vs 30-60-90-120 days from now will be vastly different.

I expect a delay but the powers will do all that it can to have a season.
    What will happen to RoadWarrior's streak of consecutive games attended if fans aren't allowed at a game?

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    What will happen to RoadWarrior's streak of consecutive games attended if fans aren't allowed at a game?
    asterisk

10char