Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How Football could start this Fall

Default Re: How Football could start this Fall

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I enjoy this deep cut. Somewhere TAB is grinning, too...
    You know it...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    That's interesting--thanks for the link!

Edit: Just heard from a friend with ND connections that they don't want kids going home for Thanksgiving and potentially bringing Covid back to campus with them. They must think that things will have died down enough over the winter for students to return safely in January.
    Pretty sure the idea is that this way the kids will go home only once (long break) vs three times (fall break, thanksgiving, Christmas). Another benefit is that if the kids were to get in on their way home or as soon as they got home, the one large break gives them enough time to at least start showing symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Pretty sure the idea is that this way the kids will go home only once (long break) vs three times (fall break, thanksgiving, Christmas). Another benefit is that if the kids were to get in on their way home or as soon as they got home, the one large break gives them enough time to at least start showing symptoms.
    Good points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There also seems to be a thought that the virus will diminish a bit before picking back up in late October and into Novemeber. A major concern is that it would hit with flu season, which would really impact hospitals hard. Our first wave hit when flu season was winding down.

It is very smart to start a few weeks early to get done sooner, keep everyone on campus with no breaks as well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

An article I read said the early start was to get the students out by thanksgiving to avoid the start of flu season.
    It made sense.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans